2023-2024 Williamburg

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to anybody accepting a seat for the January 2024 matriculation. 50% of the current upper cohort failed their rotation exams. Professors are quitting left and right and currently 2 professors are having to teach multiple classes each which is taking away from the students learning. Around 6 students have been kicked out within the last week due to failing because the program is failing itself. There are several reasons that this program is headed downhill and mostly has to do with the people in charge and some other things!

6 minutes ago, UCPAPROGRAM said:

Good luck to anybody accepting a seat for the January 2024 matriculation. 50% of the current upper cohort failed their rotation exams. Professors are quitting left and right and currently 2 professors are having to teach multiple classes each which is taking away from the students learning. Around 6 students have been kicked out within the last week due to failing because the program is failing itself. There are several reasons that this program is headed downhill and mostly has to do with the people in charge and some other things!

Thanks for sharing. that's concerning and sad. I have seen the attrition rate for last cohort was 16%, however the PANCE score was 100% first time takers. Did you get this info from current student?

6 hours ago, UCPAPROGRAM said:

Yes! I’ve been told by one current student as well as one who just finished the program. 

From my understanding, the PA program can not deviate from the policy in the handbook. Unless they are bleaching their academic policy, in that case it should be reported to ARC-PA.  What do you think the program will gain from kicking out 6 students? financially that's around 50k per student. In the policy handbook it details that student who don't meet 3.15 GPA are placed on probation and there are steps to remediate, failure to do so results in dismissal. I am aware as well from current student that there have been some changes in the faculty and course schedule. what I  don't know is if the office hours have been reduced and students are not having access to the professors.

But I wonder how the 2023 cohort was able to score 100% on PANCE if the program is failing. I am not defending the program but your argument does not hold water. We as student needs to study hard as well, the program is continued accredited, if it was failing they should have lost the accreditation. Yale online and Cornell are on probation FYI. To me  there is no ideal PA program. Duke ranked number 1 PA program by US News, last cohort PANCE rate was 89%.  I feel sorry for those students who invest time and money to be dismissed from the program.  I prayer for the new cohort for courage and passing with flying colors.

3 hours ago, YRAPrePA said:

Is anyone planning on applying to the Northern KY campus as well? Wondering if the admissions people are the same

I’m not quite sure but I have a friend who just finished rotations at the Northern campus and he loved it. I’m from Williamsburg so I know lots of students who’ve attended UC haha!

Edited by UCPAPROGRAM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonZ said:

From my understanding, the PA program can not deviate from the policy in the handbook. Unless they are bleaching their academic policy, in that case it should be reported to ARC-PA.  What do you think the program will gain from kicking out 6 students? financially that's around 50k per student. In the policy handbook it details that student who don't meet 3.15 GPA are placed on probation and there are steps to remediate, failure to do so results in dismissal. I am aware as well from current student that there have been some changes in the faculty and course schedule. what I  don't know is if the office hours have been reduced and students are not having access to the professors.

But I wonder how the 2023 cohort was able to score 100% on PANCE if the program is failing. I am not defending the program but your argument does not hold water. We as student needs to study hard as well, the program is continued accredited, if it was failing they should have lost the accreditation. Yale online and Cornell are on probation FYI. To me  there is no ideal PA program. Duke ranked number 1 PA program by US News, last cohort PANCE rate was 89%.  I feel sorry for those students who invest time and money to be dismissed from the program.  I prayer for the new cohort for courage and passing with flying colors.

Students aren’t able to get the help that they’re needing because the professors are too busy having to teach multiple classes each. Also, the labs are now being shared with the PT students so PA students are getting much less lab time. I’ve also been told by a current student that most of their equipment doesn’t function properly. Also, the 100% PANCE score is only among the people who took the exam. I never said anything about the PANCE, I said a lot of the students failed their rotation exams. Also it’s being said that the ARC will more than likely make an appearance sooner rather than later to do an evaluation. 

As I stated previously, the current student is a very good friend of mine and one that didn’t get kicked out. There would be no reason for that person to give me false information. 

2 hours ago, DragonZ said:

The entire point is that the professors are leaving due to the people running the program. Due to the professors leaving, the students aren’t getting the help that they need. Even the ones that are still in the program are struggling. Also this is the first year that the program has struggled to this extent. As stated before, the ARC would come in next year to evaluate, not this year. And even if enough students are barely passing just to be able to stay in the program, that doesn’t mean the program isn’t heading downhill. It shouldn’t be that big of an issue for students to get the help that they need. Nor should professors be teaching multiple classes each; to be specific 2 professors are teaching 8 courses between the two of them. Clearly the program is having major issues. The equipment doesn’t function properly and lots of the equipment doesn’t work at all.

I have another friend who goes to LMU in Knoxville, TN. I texted him to ask about how good their program is and told him that I was worried about going to UC because of the things I had heard. We are both from Williamsburg and he has multiple friends that are in the UC program and they’ve told him the same things as well. Just thought I’d share the info I’ve heard from multiple students 🙂

Edited by UCPAPROGRAM
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 10:06 PM, UCPAPROGRAM said:

The entire point is that the professors are leaving due to the people running the program. Due to the professors leaving, the students aren’t getting the help that they need. Even the ones that are still in the program are struggling. Also this is the first year that the program has struggled to this extent. As stated before, the ARC would come in next year to evaluate, not this year. And even if enough students are barely passing just to be able to stay in the program, that doesn’t mean the program isn’t heading downhill. It shouldn’t be that big of an issue for students to get the help that they need. Nor should professors be teaching multiple classes each; to be specific 2 professors are teaching 8 courses between the two of them. Clearly the program is having major issues. The equipment doesn’t function properly and lots of the equipment doesn’t work at all.

I have another friend who goes to LMU in Knoxville, TN. I texted him to ask about how good their program is and told him that I was worried about going to UC because of the things I had heard. We are both from Williamsburg and he has multiple friends that are in the UC program and they’ve told him the same things as well. Just thought I’d share the info I’ve heard from multiple students 🙂

I was told by a friend that 20% of the 2025 cohort was dismissed after second semester due to the lack of support from staff members when help was needed in a specific class. They also mentioned how unorganized the program itself is due to the workload placed on two teachers alone. She said she felt like their class was never looked at in a holistic way, but more as a number on a chart. I ended up giving up my seat there after hearing the horror stories. 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone! I am currently a student in the class of 2025. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to the program or a student directly. Comments on this thread are incorrect and everyone should be able to make an informed decision on what school is the best fit for them, as it is something that greatly impacts their future. I wish you all the best! 

Edited by emilyverpoort
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...