2023-2024 Williamburg

On 7/19/2023 at 1:25 AM, TrashyPanda said:

I submitted my CASPA on 6/27 and my supplemental on 6/29. No actually, I was given 2 optional interview dates. I tried to click on the July option but it quickly filled up.

Okay! Above you said “Submitted and verified 5/24” and you also posted that on 6/29. But in this comment you said you submitted your supplemental application on 6/29 which would me you submitted your supplemental and got an interview email all on 6/29? Sorry just confused!! 

2 hours ago, UCPAPROGRAM said:

Okay! Above you said “Submitted and verified 5/24” and you also posted that on 6/29. But in this comment you said you submitted your supplemental application on 6/29 which would me you submitted your supplemental and got an interview email all on 6/29? Sorry just confused!! 

Mean*

4 hours ago, UCPAPROGRAM said:

Can everyone tell me what day they submitted their supplemental application and what day they got an email for an interview? Just trying to see how quickly they got back with everyone after submitting! Thank you @meforpresident @TrashyPanda @mafmtz @DragonZ @FuturePA0716 @Ppat7373 

I submitted on 18 May, got interview email on June 6, interviewed on June 16, accepted letter on July 6. Good luck!!

Edited by DragonZ

9 hours ago, UCPAPROGRAM said:

Okay! Above you said “Submitted and verified 5/24” and you also posted that on 6/29. But in this comment you said you submitted your supplemental application on 6/29 which would me you submitted your supplemental and got an interview email all on 6/29? Sorry just confused!

I'm so sorry for the confusion! I think I sent that comment really late at night so I was not paying attention! Yes, you're right, I had my Caspa verified and submitted 5/24 and then I submitted my supplement 2 days afterward. Interview offered 6/29.

Hi all, I got my acceptance this morning and wanted to share the good news 😁! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back. 

Here’s my timeline if it’s helpful. 
CASPA verified 05/25

Secondary app submitted 05/27

Interview invite 06/15

Interview 07/14

Acceptance 07/25

5 hours ago, mafmtz said:

Hi all, I got my acceptance this morning and wanted to share the good news 😁! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back. 

CASPA verified 05/25

Interview invite 06/15

Interview 07/14

Acceptance 07/25

Woo-hoo! Congratulations 🎉

14 hours ago, mafmtz said:

CASPA verified 05/25

Interview invite 06/15

Interview 07/14

Acceptance 07/25

Did you accept??

16 hours ago, mafmtz said:

CASPA verified 05/25

Interview invite 06/15

Interview 07/14

Acceptance 07/25

I also got my acceptance yesterday morning and accepted!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or interview, wish you all the best!! 

CASPA verified 06/12

secondary submitted 06/15

interview invite 06/19

interview 07/14

acceptance 07/25

On 7/13/2023 at 6:39 PM, DragonZ said:

Thanks! Sorry for late reply. Congrats for your interview. But, don't stress out. It will be alright, just be yourself. Try to show not to tell only. You can connect your answers to how it impacted and shaped you with an example. Have a good breakfast and do your best and that's all you can do at the end of the day. 

Sorry for the questions, but what do you mean exactly by this? Lol do they ask a question about something impacting and shaping you? 

3 hours ago, dogmama99 said:

I also got my acceptance yesterday morning and accepted!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or interview, wish you all the best!! 

CASPA verified 06/12

secondary submitted 06/15

interview invite 06/19

interview 07/14

acceptance 07/25

Yay! Congratulations! Do you know if there is a group of accepted student we can join or Create one?

Edited by DragonZ

25 minutes ago, UCPAPROGRAM said:

Sorry for the questions, but what do you mean exactly by this? Lol do they ask a question about something impacting and shaping you? 

Here are my 2 cents:

I believe the interview is there for them to know who you are and why you're interested in PA ( I have people saying,  it is for them to make sure you are not a serial killer, lol). Any interview will assess your background, experience, and your goals to see if they align with their mission.

Disclaimer: ( This question is not part of any real interview. It's just a made-up question for discussion, and it doesn't break any rules or integrity of any actual interview.) 

Why do you want to be a Chemist?

Background(tell): My passion for chemistry began with a fascination for fireworks on my July 4th birthday. I was captivated by the dazzling displays of fireworks on my special day. My lifelong fascination with fireworks sparked my passion for science and curiosity, leading me to major in chemistry during college.

Show:  I have conducted research during college and performed chemistry magic shows for four years. As a TA for organic chemistry, I honed my teaching, pipetting, titration, and chemical analytical skills. Currently, I work as a research assistant in nanoparticles, and I am eager to expand my understanding of how organic materials can contribute to saving and improving human life.

Conclusion: Becoming a chemist through your program will allow me to unravel the mysteries of the natural world and make a positive impact on society.( tailor it to the program goals and mission) 

This answer demonstrates how my fascination with fireworks has shaped me to become a chemist.

This is just my suggestion that I have found to be effective. Regardless of the question, the above technic can be applied to all of them.  I recommend to read "How To "Ace" The Physician Assistant School Interview" or The Ultimate Guide to Getting Into Physician Assistant School by   Andrew J. Rodican 

On 7/26/2023 at 5:12 PM, Ppat7373 said:

Can anyone give helpful tips for the interview? 🥲 have mine in just a couple weeks and so nervous

Do as many practice interview questions as you can! I read Savanna Perry's Interview book to prepare, and I would say it was the most helpful. I practiced almost every question and recorded myself, making sure I stayed at the 2-5 minute mark. It was really helpful (and cringey) to hear myself! I also had my little sister ask me questions. I paid for a mock interview a week before my interview through the PAplatform, and although I got great feedback, I do not think it is necessary. I was extremely nervous beforehand, and I wish I could say something to help, but unfortunately, I don't think there is. Be confident in your journey thus far and remind yourself of the story you want to tell because, believe me, the interview goes by so fast! Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...