Muslim Association of PAs

My name is Nour Safa, a current second-year PA student, and I am excited to announce that I am establishing the Muslim Association of PAs (MAPA), an organization created to connect, support and advocate for Muslim PAs and PA students. I recently attended the 2023 AAPA National Conference and was deeply discouraged by the lack of representation for Muslim PAs, which inspired me to create this platform. 

As a student passionate about the PA profession, I strongly believe that the creation of MAPA will facilitate positive professional relationships for both students and practicing PAs as it builds a foundation for cultural belonging. 

My ultimate goal is to cultivate a community that empowers and supports Muslim PAs and PA students, fostering an environment rooted in unity, understanding, and celebrating shared accomplishments. Together, we can establish a robust network that promotes success and inclusivity. MAPA will strive to educate all PAs on the unique cultural and religious needs of Muslim patients, enabling PAs from diverse backgrounds to provide more effective and culturally sensitive care that meets the needs of their Muslim patients.

If you are interested in joining MAPA, please reach out to me via email (muslim.apa23@gmail.com), specifying whether you are a PA-C or PA-S. By becoming a member of MAPA you will be a voice to empower and support Muslim PAs and PA students as we establish a vibrant community that embraces unity, understanding, and achievement.
Instagram: muslim_apa
Facebook Page: Muslim Association of PAs

MAPA Moon.png

On 6/7/2023 at 9:06 PM, CAAdmission said:

You might want to try to find a different acronym or you will wind up being confused with the Massachusetts Academy of PAs (MAPA). 

Michigan Academy of PAs as well...

There's lots of MAPAs, but I would agree that OP should consider a different acronym to differentiate the group.