2023-2024 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 12:46 PM, sciencewiz said:

still haven’t heard back after the July interview 😞 what’s the chance they’re still sending acceptances or will I have to wait until December to be placed on an alternate list?

From my experience interviewing here last year, if you don't receive a call within the first 1-2 weeks after interview you weren't initially accepted for your interview. HOWEVER, they will send acceptances to people of prior interviews after completing additional rounds of interviewing until the class is full. 

The class size is so small that they are very picky on handing out acceptances immediately after an interview, so don't be too concerned if you haven't received any updates. It likely means you are still being considered.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 9:24 PM, 68W1PtoPA said:

From my experience interviewing here last year, if you don't receive a call within the first 1-2 weeks after interview you weren't initially accepted for your interview. HOWEVER, they will send acceptances to people of prior interviews after completing additional rounds of interviewing until the class is full. 

The class size is so small that they are very picky on handing out acceptances immediately after an interview, so don't be too concerned if you haven't received any updates. It likely means you are still being considered.

Do you mean that if I got an interview in July, I may hear back from them after the August or September interviews? Or do you mean I’d have to wait until all interview cycles have been completed in December?

1 hour ago, sciencewiz said:

Do you mean that if I got an interview in July, I may hear back from them after the August or September interviews? Or do you mean I’d have to wait until all interview cycles have been completed in December?

During the July interview session they did say that as each round of interviews completes they review all the interviews including previous ones. So you could hear back from them after the August, September, etc. interview rounds. 

15 minutes ago, Squash said:

During the July interview session they did say that as each round of interviews completes they review all the interviews including previous ones. So you could hear back from them after the August, September, etc. interview rounds. 

Pray for me, & congratulations on your acceptance!! If I remember correctly, I may have talked to you during the interview session. Well deserved & best of luck!😊

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, WLyni said:

I would like to know the same? Anyone who has accepted know what their numbers are right now? 

They are holding interviews still in September, October, and December (posted on their website). For each session they set aside a specified number of acceptances per session (based on numbers I would guess 3-4 seats) and then from there they look at all interviewees from past sessions to see if they’d like to extend offers! My estimate is that they have about half their class already

Edited by littleguy

4 minutes ago, futureobgynpa13 said:

is not getting an interview hold a good thing?! or is it like an automatic rejection lol

From my understanding, you must be on interview hold to receive an interview because they choose interviewees from the interview hold pool. For others who have interviewed, were you all on interview hold before receiving your interview invite?