14 hours ago, JER2911 said:

I received a waitlist email today. Congrats to all those who have been accepted! I hope to join you all 😭🙏🏻

wow, they have even already sent waitlist emails? Don't schools send them after their class size is full? I have a feeling they sent out all of their acceptances yesterday and now Monday will be the rejections 😢

3 hours ago, frost said:

wow, they have even already sent waitlist emails? Don't schools send them after their class size is full? I have a feeling they sent out all of their acceptances yesterday and now Monday will be the rejections 😢

I’m not sure how the notification process works for this program, but maybe they started notifying a few days early so that everyone could be notified by the April 1st deadline. 

2 hours ago, frost said:

Okay guys. Just got my rejection 😭. Heartbroken 😢. They couldn't wait till tomorrow and had to send it out 10 pm at night loll

I’m sorry this happened 😞. I’ve definitely gotten my fair share of rejections from programs that didn’t offer me an interview lol so definitely give yourself credit for making it to this point. I’m super proud of you. This is such a competitive process. I’m sure you are more than deserving. Keep going 🤍

• Like 1

Hey guys, I just wanted to say don't let this experience break your spirits. Not sure if you have acceptances to other programs or will be re-applying for CUNY next year. I was rejected last year and accepted this year. Some things I did to change my position:

- I reached out to the program and asked what I could do to make my application stronger for the next cycle and emphasized their program was my top choice

- Obtained a couple certificates online related to Healthcare ex. Botanical medicine, Medical Spanish, Wilderness First Aid or can also try Sign Language. I opted for online certificates because I was working full time and didnt have the money to start a fall or summer semester.

- Re-wrote my essay almost entirely  and the answers to their application questions. This time around I liked my essay a lot better, it was stronger and showed more of me. I also posted it on thepalife.com  where they give some free advice. Not too in depth, you would have to pay for that but either way there was like no critique said about my essay by them so I felt more confident about it and didn't utilize their paid service. Stayed with how I wrote it but I have seen their recommendations on others who've posted their essays so I know they will actually let you know if there is something major you should focus on.

- Got another recommendation letter from another provider

- By the time I reapplied, gathered more experience working

- Re-applied early, by end of July.

I hope everyone gets into a program that they love and if re-applying for CUNY, I wish you luck!!! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JER2911 said:

I’m sorry this happened 😞. I’ve definitely gotten my fair share of rejections from programs that didn’t offer me an interview lol so definitely give yourself credit for making it to this point. I’m super proud of you. This is such a competitive process. I’m sure you are more than deserving. Keep going 🤍

Tysm for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I was really disheartened at first as I was really expecting an acceptance. But its all good. I hope you're offered a seat soon and Congratulations to everyone that was accepted!

3 hours ago, frost said:

Tysm for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I was really disheartened at first as I was really expecting an acceptance. But its all good. I hope you're offered a seat soon and Congratulations to everyone that was accepted!

Anytime and thank you so much! 🤍

3 hours ago, ChaviPA said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to say don't let this experience break your spirits. Not sure if you have acceptances to other programs or will be re-applying for CUNY next year. I was rejected last year and accepted this year. Some things I did to change my position:

- I reached out to the program and asked what I could do to make my application stronger for the next cycle and emphasized their program was my top choice

- Obtained a couple certificates online related to Healthcare ex. Botanical medicine, Medical Spanish, Wilderness First Aid or can also try Sign Language. I opted for online certificates because I was working full time and didnt have the money to start a fall or summer semester.

- Re-wrote my essay almost entirely  and the answers to their application questions. This time around I liked my essay a lot better, it was stronger and showed more of me. I also posted it on thepalife.com  where they give some free advice. Not too in depth, you would have to pay for that but either way there was like no critique said about my essay by them so I felt more confident about it and didn't utilize their paid service. Stayed with how I wrote it but I have seen their recommendations on others who've posted their essays so I know they will actually let you know if there is something major you should focus on.

- Got another recommendation letter from another provider

- By the time I reapplied, gathered more experience working

- Re-applied early, by end of July.

I hope everyone gets into a program that they love and if re-applying for CUNY, I wish you luck!!! 

Hey @ChaviPA very well-said. I’m glad to see your efforts paid off 🙂 and congratulations again!! If you don’t mind sharing, when is the deadline to make a decision for those accepted? I’m on the waitlist which will be active for a while and am trying to gauge when most students will make a final decision. 

2 hours ago, JER2911 said:

Hey @ChaviPA very well-said. I’m glad to see your efforts paid off 🙂 and congratulations again!! If you don’t mind sharing, when is the deadline to make a decision for those accepted? I’m on the waitlist which will be active for a while and am trying to gauge when most students will make a final decision. 

Thank you 🙂 The deadline to hand in the deposit to save your seat is by 5pm April 12th. After that deadline, if a deposit has not been received, the seat will be forfeited.

• 2 weeks later...