• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 11:51 AM, futurepatobi said:

Hey!! Do you guys know if the CASPer is required? I don’t see it on their website nor the page where you register for the exam. 

I received this email after submitting my application, and it mentions the CASPer isn't required this cycle: 

Thank you for submitting your application to the CUNY School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program. We acknowledge the receipt of your verified application through CASPA .

Please note that we do not follow a rolling admissions process. In person interviews for the 2023-2024 admissions cycle will be conducted from the end of January until mid-March 2024. Admissions decisions will be communicated to applicants via email on April 1, 2024. If you are offered admission, you will have a two-week window to respond and submit a non-refundable deposit to secure your place in the program.

Applicants who have pending coursework and/or degrees are responsible for updating their transcripts on CASPA. It is crucial to ensure that all supporting documents are uploaded on CASPA throughout the admissions cycle. The program does not accept documents via email. In case our admissions department requires any further information, we will be in touch with you.

We would like to inform you that the CASPer exam will not be required for this admissions cycle.

Thank you once again for considering the CUNY School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program. We appreciate your patience and look forward to reviewing your application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am a current PA student at the CUNY School of Medicine - PA Program (class of 2025) and current President of the PA Club. We are hosting an event tomorrow, it will be both in person and online at 3 pm. If you're interested be sure to fill out the registration on the flyer.

Link for registration: https://forms.gle/kWAHa6s9r3rLFzPQ7

It is a free event and it is part of our PA Week events.

WHAT IS A PA Conference Flyer.png

• Like 3

Does anyone know if this program accepts AP credit for statistics provided it’s on your college transcript? Everytime I reach out to them I never get an answer/callback and it’s quite frustrating. I know they review AP credit on a case by case basis (as per their website) but I wouldn’t wanna pay to submit if I don’t know all my prerequisites are accepted. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, AttemptedPA said:

Yeah but nobody has received any confirmation emails or anything?

Hey there 🙂 to answer your question, I applied to this school July 9th and received an email acknowledging receipt of my application on July 10th. Subject line was "Acknowledgement of Receipt" and it basically just said that they are non-rolling and that interviews for the 2023-2024 admissions cycle will start the end of January and go until mid-March 2024. All decisions will be emailed to applicants on April 1st 2024 and if you are offered admission you will have a two-week window to respond and submit your deposit to secure your place in the program. I know someone who interviewed for this program last year and her interview was in March so it really does go to almost the end of the cycle. We seem to have some time before we hear anything about interview invites. Good luck everyone ❤️ I am keeping hope alive.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was hoping for some insight/opinions-- I want to apply but have a handful of prereqs that had online lab portions. I have a full-time job that is over 40 hours in-person m-f, so online classes/labs have been the only option for me (no weekend labs available near me). On the website and CASPA it says that labs must be in person starting spring 2023 (I took prereqs summer and fall 2023). My application is very strong otherwise. Do you think I should still apply and ask for an appeal given my circumstances or is it not worth it because I wont have a chance?

On 11/27/2023 at 9:16 PM, lorishmori said:

Does anyone know if they accept anatomy and physiology separately? I can't seem to find the answer on the website. I also tried emailing the school, but got some weird automated response that didn't answer my question at all. 

I believe you don't need both unless you are trying to use it to count towards this:

Two of the following courses:

Cell & Molecular Biology

3 credits

Genetics

3 credits

Mammalian Physiology

3 credits

Anatomy & Physiology I & II with laboratory (count as one course)

8 credits

Biochemistry

This is from their site. If you haven't taken both A&Ps then you need to have 

completed two of the other courses on the list; a combination of either Cell &

Molecular Bio, Genetics, Mammalian Physiology or Biochem. If you've taken

both A&P 1&2 then all you need is one of those courses cause they're 

counting/combining A&P 1&2 as ONE to fill their requirements. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...