GPA 3.78, science GPA 3.35 due to my freshman year/sophomore community college years where I sucked at chem but my undergrad years at a 4 year school I had As after working on my studying/organizational skills.

I worked as a medical scribe/wound care assistant for a nursing home for 5 months my last semester of undergrad. After that, I worked as a medical assistant for a school based health care center where I have been promoted two times, been there for 1.5 years now and it's my current position.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 8:38 PM, ChaviPA said:

Received an interview invite yesterday 02/05/2024. My in-person interview will be taking place this Thursday 02/08/2024  from 9am-3pm with an essay portion. I am so nervous!!!! I feel I will definitely blank out during the questions.

Did they take into account your current location. Like if you had to travel to go to the interview?

I am not sure. I live about 40min drive away so perhaps they do and that's why I was given a date so close to the confirmation email? Anyways, so everyone does come at 9am. When you get here, the front desk guard will let you know what time your individual interview is. We weren't told in the email, we were all just told to come at 9am so if your interview is in the afternoon, its a long wait. Once everyone is there, you are given your 30 minute timed essay to do. Make sure to bring snacks and your notes just in case you have a long wait for your interview, once it's your time, they will come get you. The people there seemed very chill and fun - that goes for both the prospective students, the faculty, and current students. The interviewers were all past PA students of the program and the interview itself was very relaxed, the questions were more about getting to know you. By the end of it, I felt I was more nervous for nothing because of how nice they were, they make sure you're comfortable and that the environment is inviting. They're all very sweet. Don't forget to send thank you emails as well and show you know their program well.

Edited by ChaviPA
added last sentence
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ChaviPA said:

I am not sure. I live about 40min drive away so perhaps they do and that's why I was given a date so close to the confirmation email? Anyways, so everyone does come at 9am. When you get here, the front desk guard will let you know what time your individual interview is. We weren't told in the email, we were all just told to come at 9am so if your interview is in the afternoon, its a long wait. Once everyone is there, you are given your 30 minute timed essay to do. Make sure to bring snacks and your notes just in case you have a long wait for your interview, once it's your time, they will come get you. The people there seemed very chill and fun - that goes for both the prospective students, the faculty, and current students. The interviewers were all past PA students of the program and the interview itself was very relaxed, the questions were more about getting to know you. By the end of it, I felt I was more nervous for nothing because of how nice they were, they make sure you're comfortable and that the environment is inviting. They're all very sweet. Don't forget to send thank you emails as well and show you know their program well.

Thank you so much for giving us the rundown, I appreciate you!! 

On 2/5/2024 at 4:57 PM, olivefir63 said:

Hey guys, submitted my application Jan. 6th, received confirmation on Jan. 8th, and received interview invite on Feb. 2nd. Good luck to everyone!

Hey! I congrats and good luck! I have an interview on Wednesday. What was the essay about ? And also what questions did they ask you. 

On 2/6/2024 at 8:38 PM, ChaviPA said:

Received an interview invite yesterday 02/05/2024. My in-person interview will be taking place this Thursday 02/08/2024  from 9am-3pm with an essay portion. I am so nervous!!!! I feel I will definitely blank out during the questions.

Hey! I congrats and good luck! I have an interview on Wednesday. What was the essay about ? And also what questions did they ask you. 

23 minutes ago, Picarri123 said:

congrats! when did you submit your application and what were your stats if you feel comfortable sharing?

11 hours ago, Picarri123 said:

Hi! Sorry I do not feel it is fair to share the essay question and interview questions for the other candidates. Just prepare as best as you can. I shared my experience up above and that is all I am limited to say. I wish you luck on the interview! The fact you got invited means you already got one foot in , congrats!!!