2023 - 2024 APPLICATION CYCLE

6 hours ago, bwienz5 said:

I submitted and took Casper around May 23 πŸ™‚Β the interview is September 12

I'm interviewing that day too!! Can I ask if you're local or out of state? I need to fly in, but can't decide if I want to come in the day before or over that weekend. This is my first interview and I'm not sure what will ease my anxiety mostΒ πŸ˜…

1 hour ago, mmhpa said:

I'm interviewing that day too!! Can I ask if you're local or out of state? I need to fly in, but can't decide if I want to come in the day before or over that weekend. This is my first interview and I'm not sure what will ease my anxiety mostΒ πŸ˜…

Im out of state! I’ll come in the day prior

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mmhpa said:

It starts at 8am, you’ll probably need to come in the day before unless you’re able to interview well after a red eye (I did that this week and would NOT recommend)

1 hour ago, dogmom300 said:

It starts at 8am, you’ll probably need to come in the day before unless you’re able to interview well after a red eye (I did that this week and would NOT recommend)

Oh absolutely not, but power to you for getting through that. I was considering coming in two days before (so I’m not interviewing the day after a stressful travel day), but mostly just curious what the experience of others was.

2 minutes ago, smoothspinach04 said:

Hey guys!Β 

Quick question for you...Am I still competitive despite not yet having submitted my secondary? I'm getting super worried seeing everyone's interview invites here. I have a 3.81 GPA, 3.70 sGPA, fourth quartile casper, about 600 volunteer hours, and 1700 PCE hours (although I did just update my caspa application to include my additional 150 ish hours but I dont know if they will see that). Am I still competitive? I'm really kicking myself for not having submitted the secondary yet. I'm hoping to soon!

I’ve seen in past forums people applying later still getting interviews so don’t be discouraged! finish those secondary’s soon and apply!

i do know they don’t look at any updates to caspa, it says on their website but still great application so definitely still go for it! you wouldn’t want to be thinking what if, ya know? πŸ™‚Β 

3 minutes ago, kpmolls said:

I’ve seen in past forums people applying later still getting interviews so don’t be discouraged! finish those secondary’s soon and apply!

i do know they don’t look at any updates to caspa, it says on their website but still great application so definitely still go for it! you wouldn’t want to be thinking what if, ya know? πŸ™‚Β 

I appreciate that reassurance and encouragement. I'm working on it now!!Β 

7 minutes ago, futureobgynpa said:

Congrats to everyone who got an interview so far!!! Does anyone know if all the interviews so far were only for Sept. 12th or if they also sent out for future dates already?Β 

I think they just sent out for Sept 12, I know on last years forum they did four interview dates in September and October!Β 

2 minutes ago, pharmgirl said:

When did you get an email that your application was under review?

June 15th! I submitted May 15th, as soon as the supplemental was available, but didn’t take the CASPer until June 1st, so they couldn’t review it until the results were back. The same morning they got the results was when I got the under review email!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, AGLR23 said:

I recently submitted my application and supplementals at the end of July but won’t be taking my CASPER until august 27th… are my odds low for getting an interview because of how late my Casper scores will come in/application reviewed?Β 

From my understanding, that will lower your chances some, as they won't review your application until the CASPER comes in. However, there have been repeated stories of people applying later on and still getting interviewed and even accepted.

• Like 1

Hey there! Got an interview invite yesterday for September, but will have to interview later in October because it conflicts with a prior commitment. I'm so excited! It was a welcome surprise, especially since I previously posted on this thread fretting over applying too late in the cycle. The one bummer is the timing of flights, they're not so great, but oh well. Looking forward to meeting anyone else interviewing at the same time as me!

Edited by smoothspinach04
  • Like 2