2023-2024 Application Cycle (PA Campus)

On 10/2/2023 at 9:44 PM, AlmostPA97 said:

Just received an interview invite! Super excited. For those that are still waiting for interview invitations please do not get discouraged. I’ll admit I did when I read through peoples GPAs. I had a rough sophomore year that killed my GPA but made up for it with my PCE hours. 

I have a 3.67 gpa and almost 9,000 PCE hours working as a cna and havent heard anything 😕 I applied july 10th and getting a little discouraged. I am a senior right now and still have this semester and the next one to get my gpa up! Fingers crossed and congrats, this gave me hope! 

I was accepted from the 9/12 interview! However, I was already accepted to my top choice program and just finalized my decision to decline my seat at PCOM. I hope this opens up a seat for someone else to attend! Best of luck to everyone still waiting. This was my second cycle applying and I know the waiting period can be truly awful. It is so worth the wait - I promise! 

Edited by GAB16
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, PAtabby said:

Hello! I received my acceptance letter yesterday. I am so excited to attend next year and look forward to seeing the rest of the incoming class. Best of luck 🙂

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats, as well as when you applied and when you got the interview? 🙏🏻

7 hours ago, ckn97 said:

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats, as well as when you applied and when you got the interview? 🙏🏻

Of course!

I applied on July 2nd and interviewed on October 4th! I applied when I had roughly 3,350 hours of PCE (PACU + pharmacy tech) and my GPA at the time was 3.71 (updated now to a 3.78).  I shadowed one trauma/general surgery PA (60 hours)  and a plastic surgeon (20 hours).  Volunteered at a hospital (125 hours). My bachelor's is still in progress and I had 5 recommendations.

--> I edited this entry to be more specific. 

Edited by PAtabby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 8:44 PM, AlmostPA97 said:

Just received an interview invite! Super excited. For those that are still waiting for interview invitations please do not get discouraged. I’ll admit I did when I read through peoples GPAs. I had a rough sophomore year that killed my GPA but made up for it with my PCE hours. 

Do you mind dming me your stats? I applied to the GA campus but thinking about also submitting to PA campus as well to hopefully increase my chances - i am on my 2nd cycle with no interview invites at all and would appreciate any ounce of reassurance lol...i have over 3500 PCE hours as a CMA but a 3.35 GPA which I feel like keeps getting in my way..

Hello!  My name is Tracy.  This is my first time applying to PA schools.  I submitted my application to PCOM (PA campus) on 11/8.  I am hoping it is not too late for me.  So far, I have received 8 rejections (1 was a week after the interview).  For those who have received an interview invite from PCOM, would you be able to share the interview style (e.g. traditional, MMI, group) and any tips to be successful?  I would appreciate it.  Good luck everyone! 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been declined without an interview yet? I've applied late, but I’m seeing folks who applied around the same time getting interviewed, and I haven’t heard back yet. In a way, I’m hopeful that I could still be considered, but I can’t help wondering if I’m not, and they’re waiting to respond after February next year. I’m not an outstanding applicant, and the waiting around is really putting me down.