Yale 23-24 App cycle

16 hours ago, mochi103 said:

Does anyone know the best way to get to New Haven if flying in from the west coast? I'm not too familiar with the airports or public transit around the area

If you can, I would fly into Bradley (Hartford) and then it’s possible to Uber to New Haven but it will be pricey (but this is the easiest). You can also fly into JFK or La Guardia and then take the go shuttle to New Haven directly but this is more expensive and harder to schedule I think. Last option would be fly into Newark and then take the Amtrak to New Haven union station but this is probably the longest commute option. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mochi103 said:

Does anyone know the best way to get to New Haven if flying in from the west coast? I'm not too familiar with the airports or public transit around the area

I'm flying in from the west coast as well! The cheapest option for me was to fly into JFK and then reserve a Go Airport Shuttle, which goes direct to certain buildings/hotels (See "View Current Pricing" at the link above). I've heard that taking Metro North from LaGuardia or JFK is another popular option , but I don't want to mess with trying to figure it out after such a long flight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nicothegreat said:

If you can, I would fly into Bradley (Hartford) and then it’s possible to Uber to New Haven but it will be pricey (but this is the easiest). You can also fly into JFK or La Guardia and then take the go shuttle to New Haven directly but this is more expensive and harder to schedule I think. Last option would be fly into Newark and then take the Amtrak to New Haven union station but this is probably the longest commute option. 

7 hours ago, dichromtastic said:

I'm flying in from the west coast as well! The cheapest option for me was to fly into JFK and then reserve a Go Airport Shuttle, which goes direct to certain buildings/hotels (See "View Current Pricing" at the link above). I've heard that taking Metro North from LaGuardia or JFK is another popular option , but I don't want to mess with trying to figure it out after such a long flight.

5 hours ago, PrePA2009 said:

My friend who went to Yale for undergrad said she always flew into Hartford and that there’s a shuttle that goes to campus. (IDK if that’s only for current students though?) 

I’m flying into NY then taking Amtrak. Excited to see some of you there!

Thank you for all the suggestions! I'll look into Bradford first and then JFK + shuttle/metro 🙂 

1 hour ago, rks773 said:

Just received an interview invite!! I signed up for 10/24 but there were dates through November. So excited as this is my top program, any tips for the interview? What style of interview do they use/how the day looked etc!

Congratulations!

How many dates through November? 

Edited by Kay2023

On 10/15/2023 at 11:16 PM, zesprikiwi said:

For those who flew in, where are the cheapest (but also fairly safe) options to stay? I looked into the hotels they suggested in the email but they’re all similar in cost. I’m flying from the west coast so it’s already a heftier flight cost 😭

I stayed at The Study and took an Uber to the interview building. It was a bit expensive, but I offset the cost by flying into JFK and taking the Go Airport shuttle to New Haven. I'm also from the west coat and compared to the price of flying into Hartford, JFK was less than half the cost so I could put more towards a room. The Yale campus area felt very safe in general and I imagine that any hotel they recommend is likely to be pretty safe as well.

• Like 1