2023-2024 Application cycle

8 hours ago, FutureDermPA99 said:

To anyone who has had an interview- do you guys have any tips? 🙂 For the most part what were the style of interview questions, medical, ethical, and behavioral or more general questions?

Thanks!! 

Just make sure you know and understand their core values and respect them. Try to add them into your responses too! When I interviewed they mostly just asked me about my personal life, why SU, who is your support system, why PA, what area do you want to specialize in, etc. They did not ask me anything medical, just questions to get to know me! I hope that helps!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kaleynicole said:

Just make sure you know and understand their core values and respect them. Try to add them into your responses too! When I interviewed they mostly just asked me about my personal life, why SU, who is your support system, why PA, what area do you want to specialize in, etc. They did not ask me anything medical, just questions to get to know me! I hope that helps!

That helps so much! You are so sweet, thank you!! 🙂 

On 9/19/2023 at 7:01 PM, futurepa2508 said:

Are there any alumni / pre-PAs who know people who have went here and have opinions about the program? It's difficult to get accurate information about whether students feel satisfied with the program. I am a little bit concerned about the livestreaming of classes due to the 2 campuses and wanted to know more about that experience.

I am a current student and I love SU! The live streaming can be a little bit to troubleshoot some days but overall it doesn't impact the experience. Our faculty are TOP notch and I feel supported and cared for by all of them all the way up to the program director. We're on a first name basis with all of the professors and they are amazing teachers. Is the livestreaming my favorite? No but it's well worth all the other incredible things about this program. We're ranked #20 for a reason 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iluvlila123 said:

I just got off the waitlist but to the Winchester campus. I'm deciding between this program and South University in Richmond. I love the SUPA program but love the location of South. Any thoughts?

Congrats! Can I ask when you were first added to the waitlist?

I don’t know much about South University, but if the programs are equal to you also keep in mind that where you do rotations can help you form connections for jobs in the future. So if the area is important to you then it might be an advantage for you to go with that. But SUPA is a top 20 program so purely from a program standpoint that says a lot. 

On 10/11/2023 at 9:44 AM, FutureDermPA99 said:

Hi! 

To those who have been accepted, all we have to do to reserve our seat is submit the candidate response form and submit the $500 to SU Hornet Hub right? I don’t want to accidentally miss anything haha 🫠

Fill out the response form and either log into Hornet hub and make the payment, or you can call and make a payment! Correct me if I am wrong, but the deadline to make the payment was October 5th, or at least it was for me. I am not sure if they give more time to people who were in different interview sessions (I was in the first one).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all! I wanted to share that I would love to help applicants strengthen their chances of getting accepted into PA school. I am currently a PA student and was accepted into four program and waitlisted into two. Here are my rates and send me a personal message if you are interested in either of the following: 

CASPA Essay Review: $50 

Supplement Essay Review: $30

CASPA Review (Every Section): $90

1-Hour Mock Interview: $60

1-Hour PA School Preparation Talk: $40