ECU 2023-2024 cycle

I believe I have been accepted. My alumni email has turned into an active grad school email and I have a grad school decision made in the grad school portal but no official letter other than a congratulations on the bottom and the PA program. its been 2 days and I have not been called or emailed. Should I reach out or fake it until I make it?

6 hours ago, page92 said:

I believe I have been accepted. My alumni email has turned into an active grad school email and I have a grad school decision made in the grad school portal but no official letter other than a congratulations on the bottom and the PA program. its been 2 days and I have not been called or emailed. Should I reach out or fake it until I make it?

Hi! Yes, I am in the exact same position. I received an email saying a decision had been made but do not have an official letter in the portal yet. All I can see is where they said "Congratulations" with an active ECU email and ID under it. I tried calling admissions multiple times today without any luck of getting through. I was too chicken to leave a voicemail haha so I'm not sure where to go from here... I don't want to make any assumptions either!! any advice??  

11 minutes ago, ibim18 said:

Hi! Yes, I am in the exact same position. I received an email saying a decision had been made but do not have an official letter in the portal yet. All I can see is where they said "Congratulations" with an active ECU email and ID under it. I tried calling admissions multiple times today without any luck of getting through. I was too chicken to leave a voicemail haha so I'm not sure where to go from here... I don't want to make any assumptions either!! any advice??  

Are you alumni as well? Or did the email go to your personal email? My pirate port shows me in the program under my major so I just don't know lol. I guess I'll call and email tomorrow if I hear nothing by mid day?

2 minutes ago, page92 said:

Are you alumni as well? Or did the email go to your personal email? My pirate port shows me in the program under my major so I just don't know lol. I guess I'll call and email tomorrow if I hear nothing by mid day?

I am not an alumni, the email came to my personal email. The grad portal is giving me a pirate ID to activate, but again I don't want to do anything before I know for sure. I will probably call and leave a voicemail tomorrow if I don't hear anything by mid day as well. I know it said the decision letter should be available in 3 business days so hopefully yours gets uploaded tomorrow!! 

1 minute ago, ibim18 said:

I am not an alumni, the email came to my personal email. The grad portal is giving me a pirate ID to activate, but again I don't want to do anything before I know for sure. I will probably call and leave a voicemail tomorrow if I don't hear anything by mid day as well. I know it said the decision letter should be available in 3 business days so hopefully yours gets uploaded tomorrow!! 

Same to you!

Can I ask what interview group you were?

16 hours ago, ibim18 said:

Hi! So when they called they told me the three days until I see my letter and then I received that email around midnight of 10/11 and the golden envelope was on my portal yesterday evening. Just some timeline for your reference:) I hope it makes sense but I can answer questions if it doesn’t. I’m crossing my fingers for you guys! 

2 hours ago, QueenMargo said:

Hi! So when they called they told me the three days until I see my letter and then I received that email around midnight of 10/11 and the golden envelope was on my portal yesterday evening. Just some timeline for your reference:) I hope it makes sense but I can answer questions if it doesn’t. I’m crossing my fingers for you guys! 

Thanks for getting back to me! 

Both me and ibim18 got our letter last night! Some how neither of us were called to be notified though. Going to call this afternoon if I don't hear anything.

Very excited to meet y'all and start the journey!

7 hours ago, page92 said:

Thanks for getting back to me! 

Both me and ibim18 got our letter last night! Some how neither of us were called to be notified though. Going to call this afternoon if I don't hear anything.

Very excited to meet y'all and start the journey!

Wait it’s so sad you didn’t called:/// that’s the most exciting part!!! BUT CONGRATULATIONS!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to prepare for my interview on the later this month. The email I received states the following:

“For a blinded process, only faculty/staff assisting with Admissions are privy to the details in your CASPA application prior to and during interview.”

Does this mean that my interviewers won’t know the details of my application?

For those who interviewed and were accepted, were you asked questions that you found very hard to answer?

Soooooo nervous and excited at the same time. 

On 11/13/2023 at 9:52 AM, Chipmunk said:

Program director resigned, and they are down like 5 faculty members ahead of an accreditation visit next year. Great...

They are not down 5 faculty members, more like 1-2 of the main faculty (including the program director) that are leaving. They already hired someone that will start next semester. The program director did put his resignation but is transitioning out. He was present and led during their most recent (and potentially last) interview round. He did communicate he's leaving and said that one of their faculty members will be taking his place and is someone that has prior experience as a program director, has been involved in PA education for YEARS, and is very respected and loved by current students. The program is in great shape. I hope I get accepted. This is by far the best program structure out of all I've applied to. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Cat60 said:

For the people that interviewed on 11/17, are we suppose to hear back this week?

I interviewed 11/17 and received the acceptance call yesterday afternoon! so grateful and excited. From what I remember from the interview, they never gave us an exact week that we should hear back. They just said everyone should have a decision between that interview and the end of January due to the holiday season. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, EMTtoFuturePA said:

I interviewed 11/17 and received the acceptance call yesterday afternoon! so grateful and excited. From what I remember from the interview, they never gave us an exact week that we should hear back. They just said everyone should have a decision between that interview and the end of January due to the holiday season. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!!!! That’s amazing!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cat60 said:

For the people that interviewed on 11/17, are we suppose to hear back this week?

Like they said above, they didn’t tell us a date we should be hearing back. They said they could take a while, up to when they finalize everything in January (and that could be January 31st for all we know). I’m actually surprised they already called at least someone from that interview date.

1 hour ago, EMTtoFuturePA said:

Congratulations. Did you also receive an email or an update in the application page? Also is there a certain number they call from?

2 hours ago, Cat60 said:

Congratulations. Did you also receive an email or an update in the application page? Also is there a certain number they call from?

I was also very surprised to have heard back this soon after the interview. I got an update on the application page about a pirate ID, but I haven't gotten the "golden envelope" with the formal letter that everyone else seems to be getting. Someone said they waited 3 days before they got it so maybe it'll come in the next couple of days. No email yet either. They called from a 252 number (that's Greenville's area code).

40 minutes ago, EMTtoFuturePA said:

I was also very surprised to have heard back this soon after the interview. I got an update on the application page about a pirate ID, but I haven't gotten the "golden envelope" with the formal letter that everyone else seems to be getting. Someone said they waited 3 days before they got it so maybe it'll come in the next couple of days. No email yet either. They called from a 252 number (that's Greenville's area code).

The application page that was updated it the application tab where we submitted the supplemental, correct?