Stats of a Rejected Applicant

Hello all,

I just thought some of you would like to know the stats of one of the many rejected applicants

I am a resident of CA, 3.6 overall GPA, 3.9 Prerequisite GPA, 1710 on GRE, ~1500 hours patient care experience. I did interview for another school that is at the top of my list, but just thought this may help some people.

Hello all,

I just thought some of you would like to know the stats of one of the many rejected applicants

I am a resident of CA, 3.6 overall GPA, 3.9 Prerequisite GPA, 1710 on GRE, ~1500 hours patient care experience. I did interview for another school that is at the top of my list, but just thought this may help some people.

Hey, Did you get an interview invite? Or was this post-interview?

Sounds like you got a poison LOR or missed one of their "must have" requirements. I don't think OHSU is *that* exclusive...

All requirements met. As far as I can tell, my LORs should have been more than adequate. All three individuals knew me well and their positions were a professor, PA, and my boss who is the director of my university's physical therapy program. I think me being from CA had a lot to do with it.

All requirements met. As far as I can tell, my LORs should have been more than adequate. All three individuals knew me well and their positions were a professor, PA, and my boss who is the director of my university's physical therapy program. I think me being from CA had a lot to do with it.

painbaler, as a fellow applicant waiting to hear from this school about an interview, your rejection letter is disheartening. Especially considering your solid stats. One thing I noticed though was your 1,500 hours of patient contact. From what I've heard, they are pretty strict about 2,000 hours accumulated by the October deadline. Might just be a "check-the-box" disqualification? Especially when they have 1,200+ applications to weed through.

Not to mention most of the students enrolled in their program have over 4000 hours of paid full time hce...it is an extremely competitive program, and nobody is immune to rejection, regardless of stats. But they have to make cuts at some point, and if you didn't meet the prerequisite for hce, that's an easy way for them to weed out applicants. btw how did you get a 1710 on your gre...

Not to mention most of the students enrolled in their program have over 4000 hours of paid full time hce...it is an extremely competitive program, and nobody is immune to rejection, regardless of stats. But they have to make cuts at some point, and if you didn't meet the prerequisite for hce, that's an easy way for them to weed out applicants. btw how did you get a 1710 on your gre...

haha by 1710 I obviously meant 1310. Seems like a lot of programs are moving away from requiring such a significant amount of HCE. The one program I interviewed for so far had a class with an average age of 25.

Archived