California Baptist 2023-2024 Cycle

I just received the following email today (10/10):

"Thank you for submitting your recent application to California Baptist University. In order to finalize your application, CBU requires answers to these additional required questions. Please review these questions and submit your answers as soon as possible. We thank you for your interest in CBU."

I also received an email from an admissions counselor stating they'll be working with me throughout the application process and to contact them with any questions I may have.

For context, I applied 10/6.

Does anyone have an idea on expectation of next steps/timeline for receiving notification of potential interview if invited or update on my application?

32 minutes ago, Jdp4002 said:

I just received the following email today (10/10):

"Thank you for submitting your recent application to California Baptist University. In order to finalize your application, CBU requires answers to these additional required questions. Please review these questions and submit your answers as soon as possible. We thank you for your interest in CBU."

I also received an email from an admissions counselor stating they'll be working with me throughout the application process and to contact them with any questions I may have.

For context, I applied 10/6.

Does anyone have an idea on expectation of next steps/timeline for receiving notification of potential interview if invited or update on my application?

It's hard to give you a timeline or anything like that but it sounds like once you complete the questions you will be eligible for the interview which is good. I think I got that email back in July or August. I interviewed around September 22nd and received an acceptance email yesterday night.

29 minutes ago, Jdp4002 said:

@ZV1989 That’s incredible!! Congratulations— you’re going to PA school!! 🎊 do you mind sharing when you received the email inviting you to interview after you received this email? I’m trying to be patient, but I’m just so excited about this process. 

Honestly I wasn't able to find the initial email that said my application was received. But on August 25th I received the interview invitation. I believe I completed my applications sometime around the last week of June or the first week of July.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:17 AM, ZV1989 said:

It's hard to give you a timeline or anything like that but it sounds like once you complete the questions you will be eligible for the interview which is good. I think I got that email back in July or August. I interviewed around September 22nd and received an acceptance email yesterday night.

You got accepted already? I'm surprised they already sent them out. I interviewed 9/7 and haven't heard anything 🥲

18 minutes ago, awebb123 said:

You got accepted already? I'm surprised they already sent them out. I interviewed 9/7 and haven't heard anything 🥲

Yes! From what I understand they just sent out those acceptances as of Monday. I was in the interview group two weeks after you. So don't fret, I'm sure there are plenty of seats still available. Just be patient!

Edited by ZV1989

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mashedpotatoes81 said:

Do you know how many people they accept into their program?

I think at least 30 but I believe they may have been approved for a few more, possibly as many as 33 or 35. But don't quote me. And as for your previous question, I would guess that they will be doing a few more interviews. 

3 hours ago, Mashedpotatoes81 said:

Hi, do you know if there are more interview dates for later in the year? I just got an email today saying my application "remains in an active review process" due to a very high applicant volume. 

Hey! I have an interview for mid-November, so I am sure they are still letting people interview! Don't lose hope!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 10:22 AM, ZV1989 said:

Yes! From what I understand they just sent out those acceptances as of Monday. I was in the interview group two weeks after you. So don't fret, I'm sure there are plenty of seats still available. Just be patient!

Was the math and composition test that they give you difficult or pretty basic? And did you go in person?

On 10/31/2023 at 10:06 AM, Eyeofthetiger said:

Saaaaaame, it’s hard waiting. Got the “still under review” email earlier this week >~<. They interviewed until Feb last year so still holding some hope🤞.

oh wow I didn't know that! that actually gives me some hope then! I applied way back in early May though, it's hard not to feel like they already passed on my app. 

On 10/10/2023 at 9:17 AM, ZV1989 said:

Hii, congrats on your acceptance!! I got an acceptance call and was wondering how long it took for you to receive the acceptance email after the call. 

1 hour ago, snowy131 said:

Hii, congrats on your acceptance!! I got an acceptance call and was wondering how long it took for you to receive the acceptance email after the call. 

Congratulations on your acceptance! I think I got the call on a Friday and got the email sometime midweek the next week. If you don't get it within a week then just email the admins.