2023-24 Cycle Western University of Health Sciences

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an invitation to interview for two dates next week 11/15 and 11/16. This was in the email

Important Accreditation Information
It’s critical for applicants to be aware that our accreditor, ARC-PA, has changed the program’s accreditation status from “continuing” to “probation” and, as a condition of this action, it’s possible that ARC-PA may restrict our ability to matriculate a new class into our program in Fall 2024. 

Although we are currently accepting and considering applications for the Fall 2024 class in MSPAS, we are not yet certain that ARC-PA will authorize our program to seat a class in Fall 2024. We are working diligently with ARC-PA to upgrade our accreditation status in order to make this possible.

https://prospective.westernu.edu/health-sciences/mspa/accreditation/

37 minutes ago, balefnegh said:

Just got an invitation to interview for two dates next week 11/15 and 11/16. This was in the email

It’s critical for applicants to be aware that our accreditor, ARC-PA, has changed the program’s accreditation status from “continuing” to “probation” and, as a condition of this action, it’s possible that ARC-PA may restrict our ability to matriculate a new class into our program in Fall 2024. 

Although we are currently accepting and considering applications for the Fall 2024 class in MSPAS, we are not yet certain that ARC-PA will authorize our program to seat a class in Fall 2024. We are working diligently with ARC-PA to upgrade our accreditation status in order to make this possible.

37 minutes ago, balefnegh said:

I received an interview invite as well.  

21 hours ago, Adamchu said:

If they are currently on probation and ARC-PA has not allowed them to matriculate a class and their next review according to their website is not until March 2025, then how do they expect a 2024 class to start?? 

Honestly sounds like an opportunity for them to make money off applications to me, which is extremely frustrating. Based off their website it seems like they even knew they were on probation before the application cycle even opened but they chose not to say anything because they were trying to figure it out. They also keep including in their emails that they don't even know if they can matriculate a class lol 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:09 PM, Adamchu said:

If they are currently on probation and ARC-PA has not allowed them to matriculate a class and their next review according to their website is not until March 2025, then how do they expect a 2024 class to start?? 

Based on their website, ARC-PA may grant them permission to matriculate students before the next review in 2025 but only if they are making good progress. What I don't understand is what happens if they lose accreditation in 2025 and they offer seats. It would be like what happened this year all over again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 5:47 PM, PAeveryday said:

Does anyone know if it is possible or heard of for CASPA or WesternU to withdraw my application and get a refund for my application? I applied back in May (before the probation news) and I have already been accepted somewhere else. Even if they get accrediated before 2025, I would not want to go here. 

It's possible to withdraw your application via the portal because I did that! It was really easy - no need to email anyone. However, I don't think Western or CASPA will refund us for that application fee. I've been keeping tabs on PA facebook groups too, and I haven't seen any successes of people getting refunded. You can try emailing them though?! 

On 11/29/2023 at 12:59 PM, Madelynn126 said:

Hi, WesternU received my application on 06/03 which is early ... I know some of you have received the invitation and admission is on rolling basis . So if I did not receive invitation by now, should I lose hope? 

As far as we know, they just started sending interviews about a month ago, there’s plenty of time, don’t lose hope!

Edited by Eyeofthetiger

On 12/16/2023 at 12:17 PM, momos said:

For those that interviewed, where can I find the confidentiality agreement that we are supposed to sign prior to the interview? I did not see the confidentiality agreement when I was scheduling. 

Screen Shot 2023-12-16 at 12.16.17 PM.png

hmmm i never saw this message when i scheduled my interview but still interviewed with them anyways without signing anything lol

• 3 weeks later...