Pacific University 2023-2024

2 hours ago, aPA1day said:

I cry... placed on Committee hold. 

I know this is not a bad thing at all and there is still a chance but I can't help but feel a little crushed, as this is my very top choice.

I know it may be tough but you should be super proud of yourself for making it this far. I read through last years forum and a lot of people ended up declining their acceptance because they got accepted to another school or for financial reasons. You interview early which means your name is likely to get called sooner rather than later. Keep your head up you got this 😁

• Thanks 1

I got the acceptance call a few hours ago!!!! SO EXCITED! Was in the red group from Saturday’s AM interview! WOOP WOOOPPP! I am having a hard time deciding between this program and another that accepted me so will update if I decline my seat. I hope that’ll ease some nerves a bit 🤗 would love to connect with anyone who’s also been accepted! 

Hi everyone, I am a recent graduate from Pacific and now a PA-C working in urgent care. I did interviews with a faculty member on the 9/9 session and got to meet some of you, and just wanted to say congratulations to those of you hearing back, and good luck to those of you still in the cycle.

Some advice for anyone stalking the forums --- I personally received my interview invite pretty "late" in the cycle, but was still a direct admit to the program after my interview session (I believe I had my interview with the program the very last day they held interviews that year). I also submitted about a week before supplemental applications were due. All this being said to illustrate the point that, until the final interview day is held, you still have a chance. It is very easy to get lost in the noise and become discouraged from what you read online. I remember stalking the forums nervously for all the schools I applied to and thinking that there was no way I would hear back from Pacific, but luckily, I was wrong!

Feel free to message if you have any questions about Pacific's PA Program. And if I interviewed you -- it was nice to meet you!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, AlmostPA97 said:

I know it may be tough but you should be super proud of yourself for making it this far. I read through last years forum and a lot of people ended up declining their acceptance because they got accepted to another school or for financial reasons. You interview early which means your name is likely to get called sooner rather than later. Keep your head up you got this 😁

Thank you so much for the kind words and inspiration! I'm trying to stay positive! 

🙂

1 hour ago, jarsnak said:

@JVanbindsbergen do you happen to know how long are interviews being sent out? 

Unfortunately I don't have access to that information. I can only speak about my prior experiences as an applicant and student, but a lot can change in a few years so keep that in mind. I think I received my interview invite about 3 weeks prior to the last interview day if that helps provide any insight.

I'm a bit confused about how they evaluate applicants. Its been made clear to me that Pacific University doesn't do rolling admissions, and that anyone who met the September 10th deadline for the supplemental is theoretically on an equal playing field as anyone else, yet they had already held interviews by the 9th? How does that work?

18 minutes ago, prePAyyy said:

I'm a bit confused about how they evaluate applicants. Its been made clear to me that Pacific University doesn't do rolling admissions, and that anyone who met the September 10th deadline for the supplemental is theoretically on an equal playing field as anyone else, yet they had already held interviews by the 9th? How does that work?

It's killing me for sure. My top school and it's disheartening for sure to hear about interviews and acceptance already and I submitted in June and haven't heard one way or the other while schools I submitted later offered interviews. 

13 hours ago, prePAyyy said:

They told us in the interview that they aren't rolling admissions meaning that they don't fill the class until all interviews are done. They accept about a 1/3 of the class each of the three interview days, and the others are placed on hold, waitlist, or not accepted until they complete all interviews. I hope that helps with some confusion.

57 minutes ago, Cchar said:

They told us in the interview that they aren't rolling admissions meaning that they don't fill the class until all interviews are done. They accept about a 1/3 of the class each of the three interview days, and the others are placed on hold, waitlist, or not accepted until they complete all interviews. I hope that helps with some confusion.

I appreciate you helping me through this, but to me it sounds like unless acceptances are nonbinding, they have already filled (approximately) 1/3rd of the class. The remaining applicants are now vying for 2/3rds of the original slots, and the candidates that were already extended interview invites were competing with a smaller sample size relative to the other two dates which now likely have more candidates in the pool. Therefor, the school naturally has to be more selective, either with who they extend interview invites to, or within the interviews themselves. 

Truly, I hope I'm not grasping part of this. Math/stats weren't my strong suit.

Edited by prePAyyy
Deleted an "s"

34 minutes ago, prePAyyy said:

I appreciate you helping me through this, but to me it sounds like unless acceptances are nonbinding, they have already filled (approximately) 1/3rd of the class. The remaining applicants are now vying for 2/3rds of the original slots, and the candidates that were already extended interview invites were competing with a smaller sample size relative to the other two dates which now likely have more candidates in the pool. Therefor, the school naturally has to be more selective, either with who they extend interview invites to, or within the interviews themselves. 

Truly, I hope I'm not grasping part of this. Math/stats weren't my strong suit.

I think based on numbers on their site they interviewed 240, (2022 date) for 60 seats. I’m presuming they set aside say seats per interview (and so those applicants who interviewed on a date are only competing with those from that date. 

On 9/13/2023 at 11:41 PM, JVanbindsbergen said:

Hi everyone, I am a recent graduate from Pacific and now a PA-C working in urgent care. I did interviews with a faculty member on the 9/9 session and got to meet some of you, and just wanted to say congratulations to those of you hearing back, and good luck to those of you still in the cycle.

Some advice for anyone stalking the forums --- I personally received my interview invite pretty "late" in the cycle, but was still a direct admit to the program after my interview session (I believe I had my interview with the program the very last day they held interviews that year). I also submitted about a week before supplemental applications were due. All this being said to illustrate the point that, until the final interview day is held, you still have a chance. It is very easy to get lost in the noise and become discouraged from what you read online. I remember stalking the forums nervously for all the schools I applied to and thinking that there was no way I would hear back from Pacific, but luckily, I was wrong!

Feel free to message if you have any questions about Pacific's PA Program. And if I interviewed you -- it was nice to meet you!

Hi there!! I received an interview invite on 9/5 for the 10/7 interview date. So excited and Pacific is my top choice so I’d love to message you with some questions about the PA program and just your general experience as a student and graduate of the program. Thank you so much for offering your time to help pre-PA students throughout this process, your other posts have already been super informative and enlightening!

Edited by AsheC526
  • Upvote 1

On 9/17/2023 at 3:27 PM, Cchar said:

What are all the interview dates?