Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science PA Program: Application Cycle 2023-2024

ive been a medical scribe in an ED for 2 years now. most places count it as patient care hours but their website says they strongly reccomend “direct patient-care related medical experience, where you have clinical and hands on duties with a variety of patients each day. examples of clinical experience includes taking vitals, inserting in care of catheters, or IVs, administering injections or taking blood work.” I want to apply to Rosalind Franklin’s program but am not sure if scribing will count. 
Has anyone applied or been accepted who is a scribe?ive been a medical scribe in an ED for 2 years now. most places count it as patient care hours but their website says they strongly reccomend “direct patient-care related medical experience, where you have clinical and hands on duties with a variety of patients each day. examples of clinical experience includes taking vitals, inserting in care of catheters, or IVs, administering injections or taking blood work.” I want to apply to Rosalind Franklin’s program but am not sure if scribing will count. 
Has anyone applied or been accepted who is a scribe? 

I also realize its late in the application cycle. Im not sure if its worth to apply here at this point.

4 hours ago, prePAboop said:

ive been a medical scribe in an ED for 2 years now. most places count it as patient care hours but their website says they strongly reccomend “direct patient-care related medical experience, where you have clinical and hands on duties with a variety of patients each day. examples of clinical experience includes taking vitals, inserting in care of catheters, or IVs, administering injections or taking blood work.” I want to apply to Rosalind Franklin’s program but am not sure if scribing will count. 
Has anyone applied or been accepted who is a scribe?ive been a medical scribe in an ED for 2 years now. most places count it as patient care hours but their website says they strongly reccomend “direct patient-care related medical experience, where you have clinical and hands on duties with a variety of patients each day. examples of clinical experience includes taking vitals, inserting in care of catheters, or IVs, administering injections or taking blood work.” I want to apply to Rosalind Franklin’s program but am not sure if scribing will count. 
Has anyone applied or been accepted who is a scribe? 

I also realize its late in the application cycle. Im not sure if its worth to apply here at this point.

I got an interview with one year of being a scribe! 

8 hours ago, Futur3PA2023 said:

Has anyone from the July 21st interview date heard anything back? I have an interview August 18th, so i'm just wondering the turn around time for acceptances. Last cycle I believe it was only 1-2 weeks! Good luck everyone!! :))

The admission committee said they'd meet this Friday and let us know our status. The e-mail they sent us said it'll take them 2-3 weeks after the interview to decide, but I'm still checking my email every 10 minutes 😂🥲 ...

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:48 AM, FuturePAMeg said:

received an interview today!! 

I want to share my dates and stats so whoever in the same boat don't lose hope.

submitted application 5/11

was waiting on LOR so completed 5/23

received interview 6/1 

stats:

did 1 year post bacc

undergraduate gpa: 3.17

post bacc gpa: 3.66  

cumulative gpa: 3.25

undergraduate science gpa: 2.78

post bacc science gpa: 3.66

cumulative science gpa: 3.01

no GRE or other tests 

1,780 HCE hrs

3,084 PCE hrs 

Accepted just now!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shelfrank said:

Oh my god congratulations future PA!!!! 🙂

Do you mind me asking a bit more about your stats? Such as your major, any volunteering hours, etc?

I majored in Biology and did post bacc. Multiple leadership positions in undergraduate, volunteering house in healthcare and non healthcare. VERY strong personal statement. Applied super early

• Like 1

I submitted on 07/06 and I never received an email stating that my application was complete. I paid the supplemental fee and received a confirmation email for that but no 2nd email confirming my application as complete. I'm very worried that somehow my application got lost, but hoping I for some reason just was not sent a confirmation email. Has this happened to anyone?

Edited by PrePAHelp1