Interviews 2012

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to everyone. I remember being in your shoes around this time last year. They are starting later this year, but they haven't told us the dates formally yet. Most of the class officers knew interviews were starting in November, but it hasn't been talked about publicly in the class yet. I am sure some of our class will be in to talk with you to say hi and good luck on the interviews!

I am sure that you have already heard this, but be yourself. There isn't an essay or "think fast" type of questioning that they will put you through. Be professional, look professional, act professional and you will have about half of the interview down. They haven't really told us what we can and can't tell everyone yet, so that is about all I recommend. Be ready for the basic questions that you will be asked about yourself and your motivation about becoming a PA, what a PA does, etc..... You will be amazed on how many people fumble when it comes to the basics. They just want to make sure that your motivation matches what you wrote and to see that the person on paper matches what they see in front of them. Do not stretch or rehearse your answers to make yourself look better. In short just be you and know a little about the profession you are wanting to enter. This isn't a test and there will be no swinging light above your head. I would be happy to share more after the powers that be say it is ok..... But honestly what I have already said is enough.

I can say Nov 5 will be the first set of interviews. I want to say when I interviewed last year it was anywhere between 10-12 people. I could be slightly wrong on that number, but it was a small group than what you would see at some of the other interviews. They like to keep the number down in order to have enough time to get to know you. Since they are starting late, I have no idea if they decided to raise the number this time.

Be prepared for the common PA school interview questions and just stay relaxed. They just want to get to know you to make sure you're a good fit. Ask questions and know what type of program you want to be a part of. Also, before you leave, be sure to pick up an apartment finders catalog somewhere. That way, you'll have a good collection of all the available complexes in Midland so you can start looking once you get accepted! It's difficult to find housing out here so start looking/get on waiting lists as soon as possible. My roommates and I were on a waiting list from January-May before we knew we had a place to stay. Good luck with interviews, everyone!

Archived