Interviews 2012

Be prepared for the common PA school interview questions and just stay relaxed. They just want to get to know you to make sure you're a good fit. Ask questions and know what type of program you want to be a part of. Also, before you leave, be sure to pick up an apartment finders catalog somewhere. That way, you'll have a good collection of all the available complexes in Midland so you can start looking once you get accepted! It's difficult to find housing out here so start looking/get on waiting lists as soon as possible. My roommates and I were on a waiting list from January-May before we knew we had a place to stay. Good luck with interviews, everyone!

Defiantly take this advice on the living situation. This was a problem for a lot of us in our class.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I don't know. I know there are still interviews scheduled for November 3, 15 and December 6, 11. I know you were a quiet bunch on the 5th though lol. I think they might wait until after the interviews are done for the month before letting people know. I know for our class is was a combination of people knowing the next day (which were mainly people that interviewed toward the end of the year) to taking a couple of weeks.

Sorry I don't know. I know there are still interviews scheduled for November 3, 15 and December 6, 11. I know you were a quiet bunch on the 5th though lol. I think they might wait until after the interviews are done for the month before letting people know. I know for our class is was a combination of people knowing the next day (which were mainly people that interviewed toward the end of the year) to taking a couple of weeks.

Sorry meant the 13th of November

The interview process is really really laid back. Try not think of it as an interview itself, more like a conversation. They asking typical questions you would expect... why do you want to be a PA, why their program, etc etc. Try not to be nervous, they are really nice people! I've been accepted into the program, it's my first offer, just have fun with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Applying to PA school was a last minute change of plans, so I didnt get started until mid October. My app is complete but not verified by CASPA at this point. When I spoke to Texas Tech admissions two weeks ago I was told the app only needed to be completed (not verified) by Dec 1. Any ideas on what my chances are of getting an interview this late in the process?

Applying to PA school was a last minute change of plans, so I didnt get started until mid October. My app is complete but not verified by CASPA at this point. When I spoke to Texas Tech admissions two weeks ago I was told the app only needed to be completed (not verified) by Dec 1. Any ideas on what my chances are of getting an interview this late in the process?

It can happen but begin working on improving your application for the next cycle(classes, HCE, etc.). Don't wait to find out whether or not you're getting an interview.

I feel like my application is pretty competitive as far as classes and experience. I have been an LVN since 2003. I was planning on finishing my BSN first to take a one of the PA programs in my area but I didnt get into the BSN program I applied to so I decided to apply and Tech and move to Midland if accepted. Right now I have around a 3.4 average and 18k hours of HCE. I have three letters of reference from MDs that I work with in the ER

Archived