Pa Major??

I have no idea to major in for physcian assistant I would do Biology but I know I would not enjoy, i want something I enjoy and I know u can do any major if u get pre requisites but I need to know the root like what other people majored in and still got into pa school.i tried doing the nursing route but they told me pa schools don't like to take away nurses from their job

Whoever told you that concerning the nursing route was wrong. I was a nurse and when to PA school and I know several nurses that did the same. If it was a nursing program that told you that then how do the dissuade nurses from going to NP school? One thing you will learn is the academic world of nursing is not very fond of PA's, they would rather see nurses going into NP school as opposed to PA school. Nursing is a good route to PA school, along with Respiratory Therapy, Paramedic and Radiology tech (the last one I've only met one other person that chose this route). If I had to start all over my route would Paramedic, Nursing then Respiratory as my top 3 with the only reason choosing Paramedic over Nursing would be the wait list to get into a nursing program (I'm not sure if Paramedic school has the same). If your in an advance program (in high school I'm assuming) then start by getting the general ed classes out of the way until you figure out what major you want to pursue and you should be able to use "undecided" as your major for the time being to at least get signed up for classes. Hope this helps a little and good luck in your future PA-s endeavors.

My route was atypical and wouldn't apply at all to your situation. There's not much special over becoming a nurse and not applying. All you have to do is become an RN, work (I worked ICU), take prereqs you didn't have to take for nursing, and apply. Remember to take over the course level you need for nursing in some science classes (i.e. take general chemistry instead of survey/intro chem) and it will save you time and money. Don't forget to make good grades.

I mean that chem 101 intro to chem may be all you need for nursing, but go ahead and take chem 111 general chem. The lower course level doesn't count for PA and you'll have to go back and take it later. The higher level will count for both Nursing and PA.

I did some nursing grad school, basically. undergradGPA: 3.55 sGPA:3.7 gradGPA:3.85 can't remember my overall

Archived