NHSC Scholarship 2023-2024

1 hour ago, mumbo33 said:

Same here. Is the name of your program towards the end of the alphabet? That's the only thing I can think of for how they sorted apps

Program name is later in the alphabet, but not the end. People from our program in the year above said they found out on the last day last year, so maybe they just do that for our program? We shall see!

1 minute ago, FuturePAinlane9 said:

I was converted to a participant today as well!! (finalist middle of august, confirmed my interest a day later)

Congrats to everyone else. Anyone know how much the payment will be? I assume they are back paying august-novemeber stupid plus associated costs? 

and I guess tuition is paid directly to the school? just trying to understand because I took loans out for this semester

20 minutes ago, WOMENINMEDICINE said:

Yes. I was wondering the same regarding tuition. Do they pay back the tuition we had to pay for utilizing loans? And then we can pay back the loan with what they send? A previous scholar told me that they don’t pay back what we already took outlet for this semester. Hoping that’s not true. 

considering we signed a contract for two years of funding not 1.5 I do not think that is the case

17 hours ago, FuturePAinlane9 said:

considering we signed a contract for two years of funding not 1.5 I do not think that is the case

1. If a new National Health Service Corps scholar has taken out a student loan to cover the cost of tuition and fees for their summer and/or fall semester(s) while waiting for notice of a National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program award, the school should supply an itemized invoice from the academic institution to the National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program showing the amount of tuition and fees paid for with the student loan.

The National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program will pay that amount to the academic institution to cover the tuition costs covered by the loan. After the fall 2023 semester, the National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program will not pay tuition costs covered by any student loans.

Quoted from the scholarship program informational sheets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, xoxbutterflyxox said:

not yet, have you? Im expecting right on 11/7, which is the deadline they have set on the handbook. 

I have not. I ended up calling NSHC and asking - they confirmed it would be deposited 11/7. My school is having trouble contacting NSHC regarding the invoice for tuition payments. Is anyone else in the same situation? The lady over the phone told me to message them and wait a few days for an answer.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:40 PM, futurePA2026 said:

I have not. I ended up calling NSHC and asking - they confirmed it would be deposited 11/7. My school is having trouble contacting NSHC regarding the invoice for tuition payments. Is anyone else in the same situation? The lady over the phone told me to message them and wait a few days for an answer.

I know a few of us have received the stipend and ORC payment already. Still waiting to hear back about the tuition payment though. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Hi all! I was recently accepted to a program and I'm very interested in applying for the NHSC scholarship.

My concern is that they require an academic LOR, but I graduated undergrad more than a handful of years ago, and I’m not sure how many professors would remember me. More recently, I've taken prereq courses, but I didn't have any "strong" relationships with those professors as they were one-off night courses for the most part. My PA program starts August 2024, so I assume that I won't be able to ask them for a letter either 😅

I can't imagine that I'm the only one who has been in this position. I was hoping to get some advice on what others have done? 🙂 Thank you!