NHSC Scholarship 2023-2024

48 minutes ago, RoadtoPASchool2001 said:

Wait. Do we need to apply for the scholarship this year if we plan on going to PA school next year? I am still waiting to hear back from schools through the Fall. Do I apply right now or next year? 

The application cycle for the NHSC scholarship is March-April every year.

In order to apply, you must already be (1) enrolled and attending a PA program OR (2) be admitted into a PA program (have a letter from an institution). 

https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/scholarships/overview If you scroll down a little on this page, there is a document titled "NHSC SP Application and Program Guidance" that's super helpful!

Does anyone know why the minimum NHSC score for PAs has considerably dropped over the last 2 years when compared to the other professions included in NHSC? At this link (https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/scholarships/requirements-compliance/jobs-and-site-search) under "how to learn site HPSA Requirements" you can see the trending of minimum scores over the past 5 years. I am curious why the score for PA is slow low. I have 2 theories: 1) They are trying to recruit more PAs for the program, so they are doing this to entice the profession, or 2) There are less sites for PAs when compared to the other professions so they need to lower the NHSC score so there are more options for freshly-graduated PA-C scholars. Curious to see what others think! Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email stating I was a finalist for the award!

Your application has been identified as a possible recipient for a 2023 NHSC Scholarship Program (NHSC SP) award. This is not a guarantee of an award. At this time, it is required you complete the following steps by August 19, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM EDT.
Please also make sure that your contact information is up to date in your Account Settings
Application Status: Finalist for Award.

9 minutes ago, zae32 said:

Your application has been identified as a possible recipient for a 2023 NHSC Scholarship Program (NHSC SP) award. This is not a guarantee of an award. At this time, it is required you complete the following steps by August 19, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM EDT.
Please also make sure that your contact information is up to date in your Account Settings

Congrats, what an awesome achievement! Did you have a credit check happen earlier this summer?

1 minute ago, PAhopeful2222 said:

Congrats, what an awesome achievement! Did you have a credit check happen earlier this summer?

I'll be honest, I was not checking for a credit check on Equifax or anything like that....

Hopefully you'll get an email with some good news shortly!

16 minutes ago, zae32 said:

Congrats!!

Sadly I have no email and my application still says "under review." For those others checking the forum, I think last year it was mentioned there were batches of finalist notifications.

• Like 1

I am also a finalist!! Congrats to the other finalists as well. 

Question: 

On the form titled "FY23 NHSC SP Form - EVF for New Awardees" that you get after inputing your bank info...it has a box for program information and the bottom of the box it asks for term start and term end. Is it referring to the start/end of the fall semester? image.thumb.png.41ec68db111def6d605f4e7bbe002bc1.png

1 hour ago, FuturePAinlane9 said:

I am also a finalist!! Congrats to the other finalists as well. 

Question: 

On the form titled "FY23 NHSC SP Form - EVF for New Awardees" that you get after inputing your bank info...it has a box for program information and the bottom of the box it asks for term start and term end. Is it referring to the start/end of the fall semester? image.thumb.png.41ec68db111def6d605f4e7bbe002bc1.png

Maybe it’s referring to the start and end dates for the program?