Need help! Advice on professional progression

Hi guys,  I have a dilemma and wound highly appreciate some feedback. 
I am currently in a 1 year PA "residency" program. This is a new "residency" in hospital medicine. According to the website plus during my interview I was assured that specific things were included in this program. However, this has not been the case and I'm 5 months in to it. 
APP residents were promised didactics, teaching opportunities, mentorship, and career development. Since I have started the program has been a real "cluster" the didactics have been a crappy online quizzes worse than what we had in PA school, the material isn't advanced and it's a waste of time. In addition to this, there are no off service rotations and we were promised 3 electives of our interest off service. We've had attendings and staff working with us who hate their jobs and who hate teaching and my learning has been stunted. The program has no structure what so ever and while the admin have apologized I feel like this has been a waste of my time and I don't feel comfortable practicing on my own as a PA hospitalist because of the lack of mentorship and structure once the year is complete. I have found another residency and vetted it extensively and feel this is a better fit for my hospitalist career goals...I have already contacted the program director and they are looking forward to me submitting an application.

My question is, how would you place the current program on your resume? Since you are applying to a similar/same program. I don't want to put it as a "residency" because I'm afraid they will ask if I'm already in a residency why am I doing a second one.
If I got accepted to the new structured and better program the start date would be the end of this year.

How do I include this work experience as a strength and not a weakness or poor decision on my resume? Listing it as 1 year of HM experience wouldn't be honest as it's listed online as a "residency" 

if the new program asks me why I want to do a second year of postgraduate training what do you think would be a response that showed strength not "a mistake" made right out of PA school. And while I understand that this wasn't my fault I'm still stuck with this situation. 
please help 

I am likely the wrong one to answer this as I think admin sucks 

I would be honest and have a list of points that the promised and failed to deliver.  Don’t bring them up unless asked but stating you are serious about your education and wanting to learn is a good thing.  

The day after you leave the bad fellowship I would start posting your experiences widely on ever page available.  Hold them accountable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1