Question about clinical rotation hours in Nuclear Medicine counting for PA application hours (PCE/HCE)

To keep things somewhat short, by the end of May 2023, when I will graduate with a bachelors of science in Nuclear Medicine, I will have about 1300 hours of hands on nuclear medicine experience. This is comprised of experience in CT, PET imaging, Non invasive and Invasive Cardiac Imaging, Brain Imaging, General Nuclear Medicine, MRI, Radio-pharmacy and many other imaging modalities. 

This was required to fulfill my major requirements, but I performed the same job as payed nuclear medicine technologist, and it was very useful experience. 

I am hoping these hours count for HCE or PCE, or at least will have a very large impact as a PA applicant.

Please let me know if in general this experience is of any use for PA school applications.

Thanks 

• Administrator
On 2/2/2023 at 7:36 AM, dannyheloubuffalo said:

To keep things somewhat short, by the end of May 2023, when I will graduate with a bachelors of science in Nuclear Medicine, I will have about 1300 hours of hands on nuclear medicine experience. This is comprised of experience in CT, PET imaging, Non invasive and Invasive Cardiac Imaging, Brain Imaging, General Nuclear Medicine, MRI, Radio-pharmacy and many other imaging modalities. 

This was required to fulfill my major requirements, but I performed the same job as payed nuclear medicine technologist, and it was very useful experience. 

I am hoping these hours count for HCE or PCE, or at least will have a very large impact as a PA applicant.

Please let me know if in general this experience is of any use for PA school applications.

Thanks 

Read what CASPA says about training hours.  At the time I did it, training hours in any program did not count as HCE/PCE, but see what the instructions say now.

Regardless, the program sounds like an awesome way to distinguish you from every other applicant with a biology degree.