Touro University California - Los Angeles

There seems to be no update on Accreditation yet on their website. Does anyone have any information?

seems ARC-PA already released the March meeting newsletter and i do not see Touro LA in Accreditation list. But at the same time Touro LA hasn't updated website and still mention "PA program has applied for Accreditation-Provisional".

• 1 month later...

So, anyone else guaranteed a spot in their class for 2024 (assuming they get accreditation this time around)? I have been offerred a spot at Northeastern University PA program off the waitlist starting this August, and I am torn as to what to do. I was not planning on leaving so soon, and ultimately I really want to be in California and end up there on the West coast where my family is. I have been living in Maui for the past year and was planning to be here another year and then go either to Touro LA or somewhere else since I already applied to PA's schools again this round.

My concern is that with Touro LA being such a new program, it won't be as reputable as Northeastern and may not have the faculty and the connections with preceptors etc. that other schools will...there is also the chance that they don't get accredited again. I am just curious and wondering what people think. I am less worried about the prestige and more worried about it being so new that the faculty won't be at the same level etc. or the relationships built with rotation sites etc. Thoughts?

• 8 months later...
On 6/14/2023 at 9:02 PM, DaNiBee said:

So, anyone else guaranteed a spot in their class for 2024 (assuming they get accreditation this time around)? I have been offerred a spot at Northeastern University PA program off the waitlist starting this August, and I am torn as to what to do. I was not planning on leaving so soon, and ultimately I really want to be in California and end up there on the West coast where my family is. I have been living in Maui for the past year and was planning to be here another year and then go either to Touro LA or somewhere else since I already applied to PA's schools again this round.

My concern is that with Touro LA being such a new program, it won't be as reputable as Northeastern and may not have the faculty and the connections with preceptors etc. that other schools will...there is also the chance that they don't get accredited again. I am just curious and wondering what people think. I am less worried about the prestige and more worried about it being so new that the faculty won't be at the same level etc. or the relationships built with rotation sites etc. Thoughts?

Just wanted to reply after a few months... which one did you decide on? 

• 2 months later...