Interview!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to all those who have made it for the October 9th interview! I am in the boat with the rest of those waiting to hear back on Yakima :) If there is anyone who wants to get together and practice let me know. I am in the Seattle area and would be glad to help folks prep! For those travelling from out of town - there are a number of hotels near UW - however I can't speak to rates/quality since I've never stayed around there. I can tell you to avoid staying on the east side and having to deal with either I90 or SR520 bridges in the morning commute - too many variables.

If you are looking to find a more affordable place to stay than in the heart of downtown, I would look at the Tukwila area. Good access to I5, shopping, food, and any last minute needs you have plus good access to alternate routes if for some reason I5 has a major collision or blocking incident that day.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Tracie

The interviews were really relaxed and everyone seemed to feel pretty good about their performance by the end of the day. Everything was really laid back, lunch with the students was fun and informative, they did a financial overview and showed us a video about the program. It was clear that they try to keep the costs down as much as they can for students. All the applicants, faculty and current students were easy to talk to and really good people. The program definitely recognizes that you are interviewing them as well, and they treat you as if they are pleased to have you there.

Archived