Feeling discouraged....anyone else feeling this way?

I was also going to say, you have some pretty good stats there. Keep positive and I am sure you will get in.

For other discouraged people out there...

If you love the field and know this is what you want, don't give up and keep working hard improving your app each year. My GPA was a significant amount lower than the original poster, but I kept at it year after year. Four applications cycles later, eventually got in. Hard work will eventually yield its fruits.

• 1 month later...

Don't give up hope. I got rejected from JMU after my interview and flat out rejected from Drexel without even an interview. Very depressing, but I have an interview at Jefferson College of Health Sciences in January and (as of today!) I have an interview at Duke! Two more schools to hear from. I'm hoping someone will like me enough to give me a space in their program and if not I will reapply next year. This is a very rough process. Good luck to everyone.

brendan987- did you only apply to one school? That's tough with older pre-reqs, but some schools do not have a requirement for that. I had to re-take all of mine because both schools I applied to had an age limit (mine were all over 10 years old). I'm sorry you don't have anyone to lean on during this process- I imagine that is tough.

It sounds like you did your homework. Are you planning on trying again next year? Not that you are asking, so feel free to ignore this advice if you're not interested :wink:, but maybe next year you can apply to even more schools. Also, I would contact the schools you did apply to to find out what you need to do to strengthen your application.

An old friend of my dad's is best friends with a board member, and he said that he would talk to that board member for me and see what happened. As far as the other schools, I already checked and they said that applicants were much more competitive in years past, so that why I wasn't offered an interview. In a way, I did a jedi mind link with you, and already started following your advice.

I will try again next year, but this year really stung.

Archived