Retaking Courses

I am not sure if any of you are familiar with assist.org but it is basically a website that correlates transferable courses from two different institutions. I am trying to retake courses from a 4 year university at a community college but cannot find any upper division courses that would be transferable. Is this a problem?

When I search the community college catalogues there are courses such as "intro to microbiology" and "intro to human physiology" and "molecular/cell biology" that would correlate with microbio, physiology, and molecular bio classes that i would like to retake from courses from my 4-year university. However, they do not show up on assist.org as transferable courses.

I guess my question is, are these courses able to 'replace' or make up for the courses I did poorly in my 4-year university.

P.S. I emailed several PA programs and a good amount claimed they show no preference towards 4-year or 2-year institutiions.

Thank You

Archived