Accepted - MWU c/o 2015!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys congrats for those of you that got in! That's awesome and I hope to be in your shoes in about a year. If you guys don't mind you think you could give me a little summary of your application?

Like what was your GPA and H.C.E and volunteer experience?

Sorry I don't want to be rude but want to get a feel for Midwestern!

Any tips on what made you stand out is greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone

• 2 months later...

My GPA was about average (their website lists 3.47/3.56 as the average) but I think my GRE is what really set me apart. I got 96, 98, 90 percentiles for the different categories. They also brought up my essay during the interview which makes me think it was pretty memorable. My HCE hours were pretty low, so I think I had to compensate in the other areas. As far as volunteer experience goes, I did have quite a few hours volunteering at a hospital, as a phlebotomist at a free clinic, and as a tutor/mentor for underprivileged kids in my community.

Basically, your goal is to have above their minimum requirements in every category. If you know you lack in one area, you definitely have to compensate in others. Good luck!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

zigzag, I have a couple of friends who were accepted off the alternate list last week. One interviewed in September, and the other interviewed in February. I called the admissions office last week, and they told me 65 people have paid their deposits, and 20 people are pending (have been accepted but haven't paid their deposit yet). There are currently 120 alternates who have been ranked, but she said the committee does not share that information with the admissions office. I know they have at least one more interview at the end of March. Hope that is helpful information. It can be discouraging, but I think it is better to know what you are up against than have no idea what is going on. :)

congrats shendricks02!!! when did you interview if you don't mind me asking? I am on the alternate list and I'm trying to gauge my chances.

I applied late September, interviewed Feb 19th, was put on the alternate list and then accepted Feb 27th. Don't give up hope but steel yourself against being disappointed and keep moving forward either way :)

congrats shendricks02!!! when did you interview if you don't mind me asking? I am on the alternate list and I'm trying to gauge my chances.

I interviewed in September, one of the first interview sessions they had. As some previous candidate's said, some got pulled off the alternate list that interviewed recently (February), and some got pulled off that interviewed early on, such as in September like myself. It seems to vary based on the ranking system they have, but it also seems that they just started pulling people off the list so hopefully word of your status will get back to you sooner rather than later! Good luck!

thanks for the encouragement. I have some other pending applications but I liked MWU so far a little better than the rest. I think it would be the best fit for me, but I know its better not to get too set on one program. Either way, congratulations to those who have made it so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived