How to improve my application?

Hi everyone!

I recently graduated from college in Texas, and I'm insanely stressed about my chances...

My projected GPA after I finish my last 2 pre reqs in Fall is a GPA of 3.66 and sGPA of 3.5. I messed up in my freshman year and I got a few C's and B's in Chem 1, Chem 2, Bio 1, Bio 2, and Ochem 1... ever since then, I got myself together and I've gotten a 4.0 every semester since then. I've made sure to get A's in all my upper division science courses to show that I've improved my study habits.

My PCE is projected to be 1300 hrs (working since March 22) and HCE of 500 (volunteering at the hospital since 2016)

My worry is that my stats are very average... and I don't know how to increase those stats since I can't really add time before the application in May '23. Any suggestions on how to improve my chances or improve my application? I know I can get some great rec letters and explain my poor performance early in college! There's only around 12 PA schools in Texas, and in general the average accepted GPA/sGPA's are around 3.7 and 3.6, which is why I'm extremely worried about my chances.

Thank you all so much!

My biggest recommendation is to write an amazing PS and make sure your overall profile has a theme. By theme i mean, your PCE hours, HCE, volunteer, leadership, and or extra curricular activities should have a central statement that says a lot about you. If you feel like your profile is generic/basic, then from now until May 23’ you should do something that says something good about you as a person. You want to stand out 🙂 your GPA isn’t the only way to do that. 

• Thanks 1