2022-2023 Application Cycle - KNOXVILLE

On 12/16/2022 at 4:13 PM, aspiringPAb said:

People accepted to this program, do you mind sharing your stats?

I'm a non traditional applicant. I've been out of school for 4 years (pandemic made it longer than I wanted). During this time I was working fulltime in a hospital setting.

cGPA: 3.72

sGPA: 3.62

post-Bach GPA: 4.00 (I did not do a postbach program just took the courses I needed to apply to multiple programs)

GRE 290 (worst part of my app)

Shadowing 72 hrs

HCE over 7,000 hrs (I've been working in a hospital lab for 5 years as a medical lab scientist)

PCE about 2700 hrs (Got a job where the scientist has to be a pediatric phlebotomist as well)

Health Care vol: 72 hrs

Total volunteer over 150

Leadership roles as Anatomy TA, Campus STEM Tutor, and student organization on campus

**** I hope this was helpful. As you can see the program accepted applicants with a lower than average GRE score. Don't stress about you not getting in because of it. They truly do a holistic assessment. If you are stronger in other areas they take that into account. At my interview and the open houses I attended the faculty told me not to worry about my GRE score.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, salwarahaman said:

Sadly, just received my rejection from LMU-Knoxville. Anyone else in the same boat? I applied super early and heard nothing back from them until today. I thought this was a low-GPA program to get into but it doesn't seem so...accepted ppl mind sharing stats?

Their avg GPA is 3.49, so unlikely super friendly to low GPA applicants. 

I have a "lower" GPA with a 3.2/3.5 and received an interview for 1/19/23, but had 4,000+ hours PCE. 

8 hours ago, PrePAEastTN said:
On 12/16/2022 at 4:13 PM, aspiringPAb said:

People accepted to this program, do you mind sharing your stats?

GPA: 4.0

PCE: 600 at time of submitting my app and 1000 at time of interview. My hours are mostly from being an MA and a hospice caregiver.

Research: 1000 hours

GRE: 165 Q, 158V, 3.5 W

2 publications: 1 in Microbio as 2nd author and 1 in English. 

2 years of being a TA for math classes and chem classes of my colleges.

Volunteer: 900 hours from church, crisis text line, mission trip, kitchen soup, and NGO

Shadowing: 40 hours (ENT PA, NP, and family med PA)

Leadership: deputy team leader for a rocket science project for a semester and a secretary for my college math club. 

Edited by JLYVM

• 4 weeks later...