2022-2023 Application Cycle - KNOXVILLE

On 10/5/2022 at 1:38 PM, Hanp56 said:

Okay! Thanks for this, do you know if they require you to go that far out of state or is it just for specific rotations?

From what I understood when I asked about this, they have limited spots in Knoxville to send students for clinical year so you’re pretty likely to be put at least 2 hours away at some point and find your own housing. The current students said they encourage students to do at least 3 rotations in a different state. I was a little worried about this so I asked a few questions and am still not really sure how likely it is, but from what I understood there’s a good chance you’ll be placed 2 hours or further away from campus at some point

Edited by Hkay22

8 hours ago, Hkay22 said:

From what I understood when I asked about this, they have limited spots in Knoxville to send students for clinical year so you’re pretty likely to be put at least 2 hours away at some point and find your own housing. The current students said they encourage students to do at least 3 rotations in a different state. I was a little worried about this so I asked a few questions and am still not really sure how likely it is, but from what I understood there’s a good chance you’ll be placed 2 hours or further away from campus at some point

Yeah, I also asked about it in my interview and still don’t have a clear idea about how much I’ll be traveling. I’m between two schools and this is the only factor holding me back right now. I love the program otherwise!!

1 hour ago, jajones94 said:

Hey guys, I'm a bit late to the party! My CASPA was verified and all GRE scores/everything submitted/received 11/1. I do have a unique academic background that I think makes me a really strong candidate and I was born and raised near the Knoxville area, but I'm worried about being so late to the game given that they do rolling admissions. Any other late applicants? Does anyone know what the window is that they typically conduct interviews/how late they tend to have spots open? Good luck to everyone!

They told us at the first interview (at the beginning of this month) that they’d be conducting interviews until February or March (can’t remember which one). Also, they have 100 seats for the class and just started sending out acceptances recently, so I think you still stand a chance!

1 hour ago, pactobe25 said:

They told us at the first interview (at the beginning of this month) that they’d be conducting interviews until February or March (can’t remember which one). Also, they have 100 seats for the class and just started sending out acceptances recently, so I think you still stand a chance!

At the first interview, I overheard the program director say that they would be taking a break from interviews after November and would resume sometime at the beginning of the new year! So I think you still have a great chance of scoring an interview!