1 hour ago, Monbons said:

Thank you! I applied early July and received the acknowledgement of receipt of my application the first week of August. 

I was interviewed by two faculty. They asked very astute questions. It was a tough interview. Ultimately, they want to make sure you understand the rigor and mission of the program.

Their goal is to select students that will serve historically marginalized communities. 

thanks for this info! congrats on the interview, and i’m wishing you the best of luck on admission! 

11 hours ago, PMedic2PA said:

Hi, could you please tell us if your interview was over zoom? Also was there a writing component? 

Thanks!

There was an essay, which is pretty common for some interviews I have heard. There was a short intermission and then an interview with two practicing PAs that are very active faculty within the program. 

11 hours ago, Beansss12 said:

How was the interview ?

I had the interview yesterday too. It was probably one of my favorite interview. It was with two PAs and they definitely had my application in front of them. They both went back and forth asking questions about me and my application. Not stressful at all! 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 10:42 PM, pdxprepa said:

Thank you! I submitted January 10th, 2023

First of all congratulations 🎈 on the invite!. I genuinely want to know out of curiosity though how You submitted your application on January 10 and got an interview invite? How does that work? I submitted mine in July when the cycle first opened up and still no interview invite hmm 🤔 

On 2/23/2023 at 1:01 PM, pdxprepa said:

I had the interview yesterday too. It was probably one of my favorite interview. It was with two PAs and they definitely had my application in front of them. They both went back and forth asking questions about me and my application. Not stressful at all! 

Do you mind sharing the kinds of questions one can or might expect please?

I know that when I went into this interview, I was expecting shrewd questioning. This was a very fair interview; mine was 40 mins long. I would say (if you get an interview) be memorable and use stories. They responded pretty well to my stories and examples from them. Just another way to stay in line with the "show, don't tell" mindset from my personal statement. When the part "do you have any questions for us?" comes up, find the genuinely memorable question(s). Something you want to know that personality or profession based on your interviewers. That may open the door to fostering a connection to make you memorable. 

As for PA hours, do go to them. At first, I walked out of the zoom call dejected and felt like I had no hope. However, Sharmaine and her cohort's feedback gave me the ammunition to give the interview I got a fair shot. And now we just wait for April 1st

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PediatricSurgeryPAS said:

Hello Everyone! I am a PA-S at a program in the Chicago area and am offering a low-cost service for mock interviews! I offer a unique, and different perspective on how to answer interview questions making applicants stand out during their interviews compared to generic or typical responses. I had completed interviewing for 7 programs, and received acceptances to all 7 programs along with other interview invitations that I had turned down.  If anyone is interested, I would love to help! Here is my link, please feel free to contact me with any questions as well, good luck guys!! 🙂 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BWD6SQF

omg stop the spam???

4 hours ago, FutureQueensPA97 said:

I know that when I went into this interview, I was expecting shrewd questioning. This was a very fair interview; mine was 40 mins long. I would say (if you get an interview) be memorable and use stories. They responded pretty well to my stories and examples from them. Just another way to stay in line with the "show, don't tell" mindset from my personal statement. When the part "do you have any questions for us?" comes up, find the genuinely memorable question(s). Something you want to know that personality or profession based on your interviewers. That may open the door to fostering a connection to make you memorable. 

As for PA hours, do go to them. At first, I walked out of the zoom call dejected and felt like I had no hope. However, Sharmaine and her cohort's feedback gave me the ammunition to give the interview I got a fair shot. And now we just wait for April 1st

I concur to this. The questions gave you the opportunity to answer with as much detail as you want. At the beginning of the interview, I wasn't sure how much to say. I only caught on after a few questions. But give anecdotes and take your time with responding. There are different interviewers but you might get scenario questions as well.

All in all, it was a chill interview, they just wanna see how you think and who you are as a person.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PrePhysA2022 said:

First of all congratulations 🎈 on the invite!. I genuinely want to know out of curiosity though how You submitted your application on January 10 and got an interview invite? How does that work? I submitted mine in July when the cycle first opened up and still no interview invite hmm 🤔 

I honestly don’t know. I was pretty shock. I know they don’t review applications until after their deadline. But I don’t know how they decide who interviews. 

• Like 1