2022-2023 application cycle (PA campus)

• 2 weeks later...

Still 4 out of 7! Getting a little anxious. Can someone post acceptance with stats of patient care hours ranging from 200-500 PCE, research experience, and practically no shadowing but a decent gpa (3.6-4.0)?  According to my last phone call to the administrative office they said if you don't get an interview by January its most likely that we will not be chosen. 

10 hours ago, GAPAstudent said:

Still 4 out of 7! Getting a little anxious. Can someone post acceptance with stats of patient care hours ranging from 200-500 PCE, research experience, and practically no shadowing but a decent gpa (3.6-4.0)?  According to my last phone call to the administrative office they said if you don't get an interview by January its most likely that we will not be chosen. 

We are in the SAME EXACT spot. I have a 3.64 cumulative GPA, 3.5 science, 300 PCE, 200 Shadowing, 500 leadership, 100 volunteer hours, and a ton of extracurriculars. I also still am only at 4/7 bars. Losing hope 😞

Edited by use10293848

18 hours ago, GAPAstudent said:

What exactly do you say to them when you call? They had said in the initial email that they would not give updates over the phone or email, so calling makes me kind of nervous. But I am in a similar boat! Been at 4/7 for so many months now and am starting to feel anxious and lose hope 😞

On 12/26/2022 at 5:47 AM, GAPAstudent said:

I have very similar stats and although I haven't received an interview from PCOM I have had multiple acceptances elsewhere. I am still 4/7, but just wanted to share that others with these stats can have hope in general when applying! 

• Upvote 1

On 12/15/2022 at 8:24 PM, starry89 said:

that's awesome! do you mind sharing when you applied?

Hi, thank you! I applied in July. I was late to the game since I had a seat at another program that ended up not getting accredited at the June meeting so I did not get a chance to resubmit my applications until after receiving the news. 

On 1/20/2023 at 7:06 PM, arima said:

hi everyone! i applied end of november and i haven’t heard anything back yet. does anyone know if i submitted my application too late? i’m really starting to worry 

Hi! I received an application submission email on 8/11 and still have not heard back from anything yet. I checked my portal, and I am still at 4/7 bars. I did call and send them updated hours back in November. I am on the same boat as you /: 

3 hours ago, Naecolex3 said:

Hi! I received an application submission email on 8/11 and still have not heard back from anything yet. I checked my portal, and I am still at 4/7 bars. I did call and send them updated hours back in November. I am on the same boat as you /: 

what does the bars even mean? 

25 minutes ago, arima said:

what does the bars even mean? 

I don't think anyone knows for 100% certain, but earlier in the thread a few people said it seemed to mean something along the lines of 4 bars = app under review, 5 bars = interview, 6 bars = waiting for decision, and 7 bars = decision was sent out to candidate

10 minutes ago, EfuturePA said:

I don't think anyone knows for 100% certain, but earlier in the thread a few people said it seemed to mean something along the lines of 4 bars = app under review, 5 bars = interview, 6 bars = waiting for decision, and 7 bars = decision was sent out to candidate

thank you! 

On 1/25/2023 at 1:05 PM, Naecolex3 said:

Same boat as well. I submitted August 17th and nothing yet. I emailed them a bigger update (finished two outstanding pre-requisites) and they said applicants can be chosen to interview at any time between September and February. Submitted another portal update today with a new publication. Losing hope. 😭

I need to figure out my lease situation for my current city soon, so I hope this doesn’t drag too much longer. I know calling has been viewed as a standard no-no, but if it keeps dragging much longer, would it hurt my app that much? Don’t want to sign onto a 12 month lease in my current location if I *miraculously* get an interview and get in this late in the cycle. This is the only school I’m waiting on. 

On 1/25/2023 at 1:05 PM, Naecolex3 said:

I am in the same boat too. Application submitted 7/14 and have been at 4 bars for the longest time. Haven't heard anything

On 1/26/2023 at 1:12 PM, microscopicblackhole said:

Same boat as well. I submitted August 17th and nothing yet. I emailed them a bigger update (finished two outstanding pre-requisites) and they said applicants can be chosen to interview at any time between September and February. Submitted another portal update today with a new publication. Losing hope. 😭

I need to figure out my lease situation for my current city soon, so I hope this doesn’t drag too much longer. I know calling has been viewed as a standard no-no, but if it keeps dragging much longer, would it hurt my app that much? Don’t want to sign onto a 12 month lease in my current location if I *miraculously* get an interview and get in this late in the cycle. This is the only school I’m waiting on. 

Yeah this starting to get very stressful everything is so up in the air /: