2022-2023 application cycle (PA campus)

1 hour ago, spicybunbohue said:

Congratulations! I am interviewing this week. Any advice for the interview?

thank you!! my biggest tip would be to show off your personality! you are more than a science robot & social skills are important in this profession. the fact that you received an interview means they already know you’re qualified based on what’s on paper. be confident, appear comfortable, & laugh a little! good luck & try to have fun with it

• Like 1

From the posts so far, it seems like 8/26 was the last time a group of interview invitations was sent. I've seen several posts about people being listed at 4 out of 7 for their application review status. However, I don't think we've identified a rhyme or reason to how they are reviewing applications and determining that status. I applied in early May and have been listed at "4 of 7" for the last month or so. Does anyone have additional insight or updates?

On 11/2/2022 at 2:02 PM, GAB16 said:

From the posts so far, it seems like 8/26 was the last time a group of interview invitations was sent. I've seen several posts about people being listed at 4 out of 7 for their application review status. However, I don't think we've identified a rhyme or reason to how they are reviewing applications and determining that status. I applied in early May and have been listed at "4 of 7" for the last month or so. Does anyone have additional insight or updates?

i got an invite 10/13 and interviewed 11/1.

4/7 bars is waiting for an interview invite. 5/7 is you get invited for an interview. 6/7 is you interviewed and are waiting for a decision, 7/7 is decision is sent out and you accept/decline your seat, get waitlisted or get denied. 

Edited by MW2001
  • Like 6

On 11/4/2022 at 12:46 PM, GAB16 said:

@MW2001 Thank you very much for that description. I think it's the best breakdown of how to interpret the bars that has been offered so far. I hope your interview went well! Do you mind sharing when your application was received by PCOM? 

Thank you - I think they got my app in early June.

11 minutes ago, JMM123 said:

If you got an invitation to the student panel after the interview does that mean you’re likely accepted??

I don't think so. I got the same email. During the interview the admissions people mentioned weekly info meetings that people can attend between now and possible admission and/or matriculation. They just offer it as a Q&A experience.