When to start studying for the PANCE?

Hello everyone, just curious about when people usually start studying for the PANCE... and has anyone found any really helpful review material that they liked?

Thanks a ton for any advice :)

(I will be starting my second semester shortly... and will have classes such as OB/GYN & Pediatrics... and was wondering if it would be helpful to read some corresponding text for the PANCE review...)

i started studying about 2 months before graduation, then took 3 weeks off after graduation to hardcore study and review everything. how long people studied varied. some people studied for several months before graduation and some didnt start studying until a couple weeks before graduation. depends on the person. by that time you will know yourself....what kind of test taker you are and where your knowledge base is at. i defintely wouldnt study for PANCE during didactic... just focus on the lectures and the resources you already have, and learn as much as possible. start studying during clinicals if you want to be a gunner.

i used the AAPA/PAEA review book and supplemented it with a USLME step 2 review book. i also used lange question book which i didnt like, i liked packrats better. i think the most important thing is to use atleast 2 sources (dont strictly use 1 resource) and to do practice questions

one of the side affects of studying test questions too early is that you start to memorize the answer WITHOUT understanding how that answer came about. That is a key reason why I agree with the above advice of not studying for the PANCE during the didactic portion...or even the beginning of clinical rotations. Take that time to learn the "why/how" of it all, then later start dialing it into the distillation process and applying it to questions/scenerios.

I studied a month before grad and took the PANCE 2 weeks after grad. Our program prepared us pretty well for the PANCE by structuring our didactic exams similarly. We also had a 2 day PANCE prep by Joe Gilboy, PA-C who is awesome. I thought it was a big help though some of my classmates had a hard time with the PANCE, we all ultimately passed, well almost all of us....:(

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

I like the idea of taking a few months to study. Studying before you learn everything is probably completely useless. Friend in med school started studying for USMLE step 1 since BEFORE starting med school. Total waste of time as she didn't do so well (but passed).

Archived