Radford Carilion University Application Cycle 2022-2023

• 3 weeks later...

For those that were accepted, were you given a student Radford OneCampus account? I was placed on the hold list, but I was recently given a student account (via an automated email from IT). Is this something they give all applicants, or just the people that are accepted? I do not want to bug the admissions team since the hold list email said that they were not making official decisions until January to February, but it just seemed unusual that I was given a student account.

On 11/29/2022 at 9:13 PM, E23213C said:

For those that were accepted, were you given a student Radford OneCampus account? I was placed on the hold list, but I was recently given a student account (via an automated email from IT). Is this something they give all applicants, or just the people that are accepted? I do not want to bug the admissions team since the hold list email said that they were not making official decisions until January to February, but it just seemed unusual that I was given a student account.

I am on the hold list and also received this email. Not sure what that’s about!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 7:16 PM, CantwaittobeaPA said:

Does anyone know if RUC lets you know what number you are on the waitlist? The email says they will update us on our status in February once interviews are over but didn't specify on what exactly that meant. 

They do not unfortunately. This is my second year being waitlisted and they will not share the rankings even after interviews are done 😞

On 1/20/2023 at 10:52 PM, Kmmacc said:

I don’t think all the seats are filled! I am planning to attend and we received an email with all those who have been admitted and it was 36 people so that leaves 4 seats and possibly more if people decide to give up their seat. Wishing you the best!! 

Hey thanks for the response and encouragement! I really appreciate it. I am hopeful I will receive an offer to join your class 🤞🏼

On 1/8/2023 at 8:36 AM, Lindseyac23 said:

They do not unfortunately. This is my second year being waitlisted and they will not share the rankings even after interviews are done 😞

I saw on the website under “frequency asked questions” that it states that people on the hold list will receive a second decision once interviews are complete that are either accept, deny, or waitlisted. Is this true? I just thought being put on the hold list meant you were waitlisted

1 hour ago, CantwaittobeaPA said:

I saw on the website under “frequency asked questions” that it states that people on the hold list will receive a second decision once interviews are complete that are either accept, deny, or waitlisted. Is this true? I just thought being put on the hold list meant you were waitlisted

My understanding is the hold list is different, and what you are reading about a second decision is true. On hold- there hasn’t been a final decision on your status just yet. 

28 minutes ago, mfcfpa said:

My understanding is the hold list is different, and what you are reading about a second decision is true. On hold- there hasn’t been a final decision on your status just yet. 

Yes you are correct. I was using waitlist and hold list interchangeably. When they reassess the hold list, the second decision just tells you whether you are accepted or will remain on the hold list. They wont deny you from the hold list at all though.