• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 4:00 PM, potentialpa00 said:

has anyone heard any updates from the waitlist?

I e-mailed admissions yesterday. They said the incoming class is currently full.

They also said that they use the waitlist through the summer up until the start of classes IF there is any movement at all with the committed class.

I will definitely be re-applying this cycle, but was told you can remain on the waitlist even with a new application for the current cycle. Just all of it is super frustrating after 4-5 months of waiting.

Okay, but I'm confused on what that means because on the official MCPHS PA Class of 2026 page on FB, only about 62-ish people have joined. I would think after 5 months, the page would at least near 100 members given that the class accepts 100 students. And if you look back at the previous official class FB pages, they all exceed 100+ members joined in their groups. Obviously, my whole premise is based on conjecture but regardless the math is not mathing. But I digress - wishing you all a successful cycle this year if you are re-applying! 

Edited by wannabepa0007

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 12:24 AM, wannabepa0007 said:

Okay, but I'm confused on what that means because on the official MCPHS PA Class of 2026 page on FB, only about 62-ish people have joined. I would think after 5 months, the page would at least near 100 members given that the class accepts 100 students. And if you look back at the previous official class FB pages, they all exceed 100+ members joined in their groups. Obviously, my whole premise is based on conjecture but regardless the math is not mathing. But I digress - wishing you all a successful cycle this year if you are re-applying! 

Actually same. I have been using that FB group link as a basis to see how "full" the class is. When I e-mailed back on 5/4, two weeks ago, there weren't even 60+ it was still around 30 members back then. I wasn't sure if the moderator or whoever was in charge maybe hadn't accepted new members yet. Granted I understand not every single accepted student HAS a facebook account, but I agree wholly. 

18 hours ago, PrePAHelp1 said:

Got an email yesterday asking if I was still interested in maintaining my spot on the waitlist. Anyone else get this email?

I got this email too- kind of late to re-evaluate the waitlist when most students either accepted seats at other programs or had to reapply for the new cycle 

• 2 months later...

So I know this thread is basically dead, but I know there will be future waitlisters to MCPHS stalking the forum. I recently was accepted off the waitlist for the 2022-2023 cycle, with just over a month before class begins. I accepted - but I want people to know that being waitlisted IS NOT a soft rejection, and I had 100% made peace with the fact that I had to reapply this cycle, yet got off at the last moment. Wishing you all the best. 

• Like 1