2022-2023 Application Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 1:22 AM, PLK18 said:

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has taken the CASPER test yet, and if so, how was your experience with it?

I did! I still haven't taken Snapshot yet, but I took the main test. It was okay...you aren't supposed to prepare for the test since it should be your "natural" behavioral response. But I would have felt better if I prepared more, highly recommend doing the practice questions on the Altus site to get a feel for the format and practice typing quick responses in a short time. 

On 6/23/2022 at 5:10 PM, nataliej said:

Does anyone know how likely I am to be accepted out of state?

I just checked their website, and it looks like the cohort that just matriculated was 82% residents and 18% non-residents. I think you stand a good chance! 😊

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, AGriffo said:

How's everyone doing so far? Any news on application statuses, supplemental application emails, etc?

Hey! I received a supplemental application and took CASPER on the 7th. So sounds like I’m waiting for them to receive those scores and then hopefully get an interview invite! Hope everyone else is getting some good news this application cycle! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AGriffo said:

Just received an email from UNM's PA program with an interview invite!!! 🤩

I just received the same, are you guys having trouble using their link to reserve a day? There were no options when I clicked on their link.

Hoping it's not just me. I was really hoping for the 19th, but hope all the spots aren't taken already.

15 hours ago, JonesNtoBPA said:

I just received the same, are you guys having trouble using their link to reserve a day? There were no options when I clicked on their link.

Hoping it's not just me. I was really hoping for the 19th, but hope all the spots aren't taken already.

Just as an update here. They were able to manually register me. I'll be in the 19th group. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonesNtoBPA said:

Just as an update here. They were able to manually register me. I'll be in the 19th group. Good luck everyone!

Hi there,

I didn't experience any issues when selecting my interview date, and I'm so glad to hear that they were able to register you manually! I'm so excited for us!!! 🤗

29 minutes ago, Dub828 said:

Does anyone know if there will be different waves for interviews? I sadly did not get an email. 

Hi there,

Don't lose hope! I found this straight from the program's website:

"Interviews are offered on a rolling basis and are typically conducted between late summer and late fall."

On 8/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, justanotherprePA22 said:

Congrats to those getting an interview! Would y'all mind sharing stats? I know it doesn't really matter but I'd love to have a comparative look 🙂 I'm out of state, but crossing my fingers for an invite!

I'm out of state too. My stats don't really tell my whole story, but my GPA is something like 3.4, but my last 45 credits is a 4.0 though.
No GRE scores. Lots of PCE as a Dietitian/Diabetes Educator working primary care at a Native American clinic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JonesNtoBPA said:

I'm out of state too. My stats don't really tell my whole story, but my GPA is something like 3.4, but my last 45 credits is a 4.0 though.
No GRE scores. Lots of PCE as a Dietitian/Diabetes Educator working primary care at a Native American clinic.

Thank you for sharing, it sounds like you have a great story 🙂 best of luck!

• Thanks 1