2022-2023 Application Cycle

22 hours ago, kreay21 said:

How is everyone studying for the upcoming interview at UNM? so nervous :,)

Hello,

I've also been reading over Savannah Perry's book PA School Interview Guide. You can find out more about it here. Additionally, I've completed a mock interview and scheduled a couple more with providers I work with for practice. And I've reached out to friends and family asking them to call or text me out of the blue and ask random interview questions. Good luck to everyone!!! We got this!!! ❤️

On 8/4/2022 at 1:49 PM, kreay21 said:

How is everyone studying for the upcoming interview at UNM? so nervous :,)

It was awkward, but I recorded myself answering questions I expect to be asked. It was really helpful honestly. I then sent that recording to PAs and other medical friends I have to ask for feedback on my answers. Having just finished my first day of interviews, I can tell you doing this made me much more confident on the big day 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, DJR23 said:

If I applied may 30th (out of state applicant) when do you think I would hear back about an interview? I submitted the supplemental app a few days after my CASPA. 

They would notify if I wasn’t receiving an interview right? 

I submitted my supplemental on July 19th, took the CASPer on the 31st and just received an interview invite this morning for September. So hopefully you'll find out soon!

Edited by Kwreev

20 hours ago, Kwreev said:

I submitted my supplemental on July 19th, took the CASPer on the 31st and just received an interview invite this morning for September. So hopefully you'll find out soon!

Thanks! 
I hope I find out soon.  I have almost exactly the GPA they posted as average for a PA student and nearly three times the amount of clinical hours they listed as average.  Not sure what could be holding up my application.  

20 hours ago, Kwreev said:

3 minutes ago, Run4fun said:

Does anyone know how strict they are about the supplemental application deadline? I sent mine in the day after the due date that the email stated.

Hi there,

I believe their instructions in the email mention it's a firm deadline. You can always call the program to ask as well. 

4 hours ago, Coconanas said:

Hang in there sammydh. It'll work out how it's supposed to! 

AGriffo did you hear back yet? 

Hey there, sorry for the delay, it was a long day. I did receive an email as well, and unfortunately was not accepted nor waitlisted. Super bummed to say the least, but I'm going to push forward and continue my pursuit to become a PA! Good luck and best wishes to everyone.

3 hours ago, AGriffo said:

Hey there, sorry for the delay, it was a long day. I did receive an email as well, and unfortunately was not accepted nor waitlisted. Super bummed to say the least, but I'm going to push forward and continue my pursuit to become a PA! Good luck and best wishes to everyone.

Don't let this get you down, keep working as hard as you can! You will do great things!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sammydh said:

Don't let this get you down, keep working as hard as you can! You will do great things!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words, it really means a lot. I'll absolutely keep working hard and never give up. Good luck to you, I have no doubt you'll make a fantastic PA!!!

• 2 weeks later...