2012-2013 cycle

Hey guys, I'm a current student at Touro Univerisity. There is no GRE required but I have a few stats for you. Last year there were 990 applicants, 160 interviewed, and 56 were accepted. The average Science GPA 3.24, the average cumulative GPA 3.29. The average age of our class is 28 and is made up of 61% females and 39% males.

Well as far as advise goes it's pretty much the same for wherever you go. Be prepared to answer the basic questions as to why you want to be a PA, Why not DO, MD, or NP, why you would choose Touro. Be preprepared to answer questions about your application. They like to ask questions about your shadowing experiences and patient contact experience. If you have a lower GPA be prepared to explain to them how you plan on dealing with the rigors of PA school when you might have struggled in core science classes during your undergrad. The faculty is very nice, the students are nice, and out of all the places I interviewed I enjoyed this school the most. Be confident in yourself and ask them a question or 2 at the end of your interview. You guys will all do fine. Any other questions feel free to ask. I'll try to check the forum every once in a while when I have time. P.S. A good place to stay for interviews is sunset station. Its cheap and close to campus.

Archived