Accepted! Delaware Campus!

re: tips for interview

- Very easy-going relaxing interview process. The morning you learn all about the program, then will do the interviews after the ~2hr presentation, so it's not like you get there and automatically go into the interview. I would certainly prepare (just like any other school) why you want to be a PA, what makes you stand out, why arcadia (why delaware campus), but besides that it's a pretty relaxing conversation. The staff there were wonderful so they put you at ease from the beginning. It didnt seem like there was a major scheme to when you were called for your interview (although not sure what goes on behind the scenes!)

good luck!

HI- there are several apt complexes near that students like. Barrett's Run, Brandywine Woods, Rockwood... also there are some people that choose to live in Wilmington, but I am not as familiar with that area. We have three elective rotations at Arcadia, and there is the option to go abroad and to set up your own rotations, but obviously certain criteria must be met. Overall, they seem really great at being flexible with this. But, a second year student can tell you more than I can ;) Feel free to PM me or c0untingstars, who is a second year and was a huge help to me on this forum when I was at the stage you are at now. Also, the office sends out a list of local apts that students have chosen in the past, and many of them offer discounts to us. So, contacting them might be a good idea. Once your group has a FB page, people will look for roommates, usually starting in the spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I know I am going to Arcadia Delaware, I am trying to plan my wedding for next spring and want to push it as far out as possible but obviously not too far since class starts in May. Does anyone know when classes are supposed to start in May 2013? Or if any former delaware students remember what week of may classes started that might help too...

We started the Wednesday before memorial day, same for the new class this year.

If any new students need FURNITURE, I will be moving back home in May and need to sell mine! I have a full size mattress and boxspring that were purchased new May 2012. Also a used dresser and pink closetmaid 9-cube storage organizer. Send me a PM if you are interested and we can talk prices!

For clinical rotations, you get a document of all the rotations and preceptors for them after you finish your final exams Fall semester. Then you fill out your survey where you pick your top 3 for each rotation (EM, FM, Surgery, Peds, OB/GYN, IM, Community Medicine, Elective 1, Elective 2, Elective 3). You also do your overall top 3. Basically, you get a lot of say in what you want to do and where you want to go! You must do 6 months of rotations within a 90 mile radius of either campus. You can set up a maximum of 3 external rotations, which can be in your core or elective rotations (including international). There are lots of options for elective rotations. And rotations on the directory are mostly in PA, DE, NJ, MD, but there are a few in other states. You can set up externals wherever you would like.

HOUSING INFO

Crime Maps: http://www2.nccde.org/police/crimemaps/search/default.aspx

Most of the Class of 2014 currently live at Brandywine, Rockwood, and Barrett's

Rockwood

100 Cindy Drive Bear, DE

302-832-8823

Commute: 15-20 min

1BR $995-$1080, 969 sq ft

2BR $1165-$1240, 1176 sq ft

3BR $1375-$1605, 1407-1908 sq ft

Security Deposit: 1 Mo Rent

Included in rent: Trash/Sewer/Water