Perfect storm @ shift change

Nice job E; sounds like a fun shift!

Unfortunately you won't get an ounce of credit with any of them on Press-Gainey, but the earache since 2009 who had to sit in the waiting room while you coded them will get a survey and complain about the long wait to be seen!

yup, we had a few folks with back pain and anxiety(out of xanax) who had to wait for awhile to be seen....

Nice job E; sounds like a fun shift!

Unfortunately you won't get an ounce of credit with any of them on Press-Gainey, but the earache since 2009 who had to sit in the waiting room while you coded them will get a survey and complain about the long wait to be seen!

Oh sweet Mother of Jesus, this is about as true as it gets...

Unsucessfully Coded a 3 year old several years back ( eventually came out was smothered by mom). Walked out of room after almost 90 minutes, to be met by patient standing in door across the hall.. Wanting to know if I EVER. Was going to "get around to seeing her"...

Oh sweet Mother of Jesus, this is about as true as it gets...

Unsucessfully Coded a 3 year old several years back ( eventually came out was smothered by mom). Walked out of room after almost 90 minutes, to be met by patient standing in door across the hall.. Wanting to know if I EVER. Was going to "get around to seeing her"...

Sad but true. I remember a few years back having a patient walk into the waiting room and collapse in cardiac arrest. We put her on a stretcher and started compressions as we wheeled her back to the treatment area; one of the other patients in the waiting room came up and started yelling that she had been there first!

I had a code a few yrs ago and a pt with back pain tried to interupt me intubating (cpr in progress, etc) to tell me her chronic back pain was unbearable and she demanded to be seen right then. it was single coverage and I was so mad I never saw her. after 3 hrs in the room she got the hint and left. if I had seen her I don't know if I could have maintained my composure.....

Archived