UOP 2022-2023 Cycle

1 minute ago, PositiviTea said:

Does anyone know if GPA, HCE, PCE, PS, and LORs still matter after the interview? Or is the interview the only factor determining our chance of getting accepted?

Tbh, I have very solid cGPA and sGPA, LORs, and # of hours, but I am not really confident with my interview skills. 

I believe the interview confirms that you are qualified as is. In other words, your hours and experiences up to the point of caspa submission are sufficient for an acceptance granted you interview well.

1 minute ago, Anonymoushelix said:

I believe the interview confirms that you are qualified as is. In other words, your hours and experiences up to the point of caspa submission are sufficient for an acceptance granted you interview well.

Thank you for your quick response. I am so nervous since this is my first cycle and also my first interview. So technically, whoever comes to the interview is sufficient for an acceptance. And the interview will determine the outcome? 

To anyone who got an interview and submitted the confirmation did you receive a receipt email right away? 

It has been four days and I still haven't received any additional information regarding what the interview day is going to look like or if they received my submission confirming the interview. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue? I did email the program manager about this as well but haven't heard anything yet... kind of getting anxious since the deadline to respond is Monday the 07/18. 

On 7/16/2022 at 3:05 PM, 4ankhe said:

To anyone who got an interview and submitted the confirmation did you receive a receipt email right away? 

It has been four days and I still haven't received any additional information regarding what the interview day is going to look like or if they received my submission confirming the interview. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue? I did email the program manager about this as well but haven't heard anything yet... kind of getting anxious since the deadline to respond is Monday the 07/18. 

I'm guessing it's just because it's the weekend and that's why they haven't gotten back to you yet. Also too, with it being summer, they likely have program staff taking time off for vacations and so may not be responding as fast.
If you don't hear anything in a couple more days though, maybe try contacting them again. I got my invitation on Monday, confirmed that day and then on Wednesday got a follow up email confirming my interview. No other details since the end of June though (interviewing 8/8).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prepalady said:

Just got an interview invite!!! So excited. For those that already had interviews, how was it??

Congratulations! 🎉 

Interviewing at UOP is amazing. The faculty doesn’t get any better. They are so kind and inviting! Just be yourself. They truly want to know you as a person. Best of luck!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cmelissag said:

Congratulations! 🎉 

Interviewing at UOP is amazing. The faculty doesn’t get any better. They are so kind and inviting! Just be yourself. They truly want to know you as a person. Best of luck!

Hi there

I heard that they would email students after the interview regarding rejection. Otherwise, we will need to wait until September to hear back from them. Did they mention it during the interview?

Super stoked to have received an interview 🙂 This is my first interview invite woo hoo! Honestly very surprised because their average accepted students seemed to have very high stats compared to mines. 

Submitted CASPA: 6/27

Screening email: 7/7

Interview invite: 7/14

My stats:

cGPA: 3.54

sGPA: 3.46

PCE: 4000

HCE: 400

Volunteer: 200

PA Shadowing: 0 in-person, 35 through virtual shadowing 

I'll be flying in to interview on 8/23 🙂 Hope to see some of y'all there! (let me know if anyone is down to meet up before)

Edited by creamcheeese
  • Like 2