CUNY York College 2022-2023

On 2/12/2023 at 12:04 PM, bumperscars said:

Hey! Are there any groups or chats made to connect with students admitted for this upcoming fall? I’d appreciate if someone could send me the link, I’m a current student in the program, me and some of my classmates are looking to connect with the incoming class 🙂

Hello,

I am an upcoming student. I have been wanting to reach out to current or past students. How do we get in touch to ask questions about the curriculum and didactic life? 

On 2/17/2023 at 1:43 PM, PA654 said:

Hi! For those who interviewed could you please share the format and your experience. I would appreciate it 🙂

Hey,

Honestly they are mostly general questions that every school asks. It like a small conversation because they keep throwing questions one by one that it just becomes like a convo lol just study the usual questions tell me about yourself, why our school, strengths and weaknesses, etc Its honestly so fast that you forget most of the questions in the end lol 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2022 at 1:31 AM, ACMinNY said:

In May 2022, I reached out to York PA program to inquire if they had info sessions and the program provided me with a 15-page brochure. The emailer told me that "everything I needed to know" was inside the brochure and no session were planned as of yet. 

I've attached that information packet/brochure here to make it more easily accessible to folks who are interested in this program - I wasn't able to find it on their website at the time.

@NescientIf you see page 14 they have noted the following: that they will begin interviews in the Fall semester, into the Spring semester prior to Fall entry. I presume they don't want to discourage a strong applicant from applying closer to Dec 1.. though I don't know why the language is a bit unclear in the email you attached as they neither confirm nor deny if they are Rolling. image.thumb.png.4256a8520a0d2f0fbf9a25d451da70a1.png

PA MASTER'S BROCHURE CYCLE 2022.pdf 350.29 kB · 37 downloads

This is incredibly helpful!!! Thank you SO much

11 hours ago, PediatricSurgeryPAS said:

Hey everyone! I’m offering a mock interview service, and recently had success helping prepare a student for an interview with this program and get accepted to this school a month ago with my mock interview prep! I offer different and unique viewpoints/ways of answering compared to what most applicants would say to an interview question. So if anyone wants to do a session with me, please feel free to fill out this link below and I’d love to get in contact with you guys to help-Goodluck everyone!! 🙂 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BWD6SQF

Yes I can vouch 💯 for this individual. This person really helped me to prepare for the interview like no other. Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, QuestionablePA said:

Anyone know how long they send out decisions after interviews? And also when is the last day for all decisions? 

i heard back within a week, and I think its by march or April? Not too sure. But people have heard back after, especially if placed on the waitlist. 

• Upvote 1

I think the "last day of decisions" in the program means applicants' admission decisions have been determined but may or may not have been communicated. In our case, we haven't heard back. It is the equivalent of a final grade being calculated but not submitted. I hope we hear back soon! 

Edited by Futurepa615
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2