CUNY York College 2022-2023

7 hours ago, Michee said:

Is their application even up? It's not being shown in the search on CASPA

It's up under CUNY York College. Perhaps you're thinking of CUNY School of Medicine which isn't up until July 1 and is on this forum under the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Engineering.

• 1 month later...

Does CUNY require another application submission besides CASPA? I haven't received any confirmation yet so I was wondering if I was missing something.

How do I apply to the program?

The York College PA Master’s Program application can be found on CASPA’s (Central Application Service for Physician Assistant’s) website. The PA Program application is separate and in addition to the York College/CUNY application

19 minutes ago, sunshinespa said:

I don't believe so! They just sent a confirmation email after submitting that my application was received and in the process of being reviewed, no further supplementals

I submitted my CASPA on the 25th and I haven't heard back from them 😞

Makes me a little nervous

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, PrePA20222 said:

Does anyone have a contact number or email for the program? I submitted my application months ago but never got confirmation. Thanks!

Same here!! I am going to email them today and will keep you guys posted if I receive any response 

Hello! This is my first time applying and I'm feeling a little lost. Does anyone know if York requires an HCE proof letter from ALL employers indicating ALL hours or is it ok to just have enough to fulfill the 500 hours requirement? Also, I just wanted to confirm since I didn't see an exact answer anywhere: does York require a supplemental application? Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, sunshinespa said:

I emailed them the same exact question and they said as long as you have 500 hours documented you are fine! It does not need to be from all employers. York does not have an additional supplemental

Oh, thank you so much! Do you think it'd be better to submit a letter for all hours anyways, or do you think having it in my app is enough?

1 hour ago, sunshinespa said:

I personally only submitted one letter because it fulfilled the hours (about 700 hours from one letter) and not from my previous patient care jobs because of the hassle of reaching out to old supervisors. But it's honestly up to you if you think you would benefit from having verification from all.

I also have a letter that fulfills the hours and don't wanna bother reaching out since they'll likely ask a bunch of questions ahah but I'm concerned because, for the letter that I have, my previous employer left out a majority of my PCE tasks and wrote trivial tasks done once or twice so I'm not sure if that would be enough. do you think the accuracy of the job descriptions in the letter matter if I have my main PCE tasks written in my experience section and resume?

20 hours ago, sunshinespa said:

I'm sure they would put more weight on the tasks you listed on your actual application and resume, as they know employers are busy and would not spend as much time accurately writing down all the tasks you do. It was the same for me also with my actual application going more in depth than what my employer wrote on the verification letter. 

oh that's very reassuring to hear thank you so much I was stressing about it for the longest time because the employer who sent me the letter ghosted me and I didn't have time to see him in person, not like I wanted to haha but thank you!!

• Like 1

did anyone send their York applications in with less than 3 shadowing/healthcare hours documents? I noticed that there are 3 mandatory shadowing/healthcare hours slots but I don't have 3 to submit. does anyone know if there's any way to submit without having 3 documents? thank you!