Expired Certifications?

If only current certifications go under Healthcare Training, is there a place for expired certifications? I want to show that I trained and earned my phlebotomy certification, even if I didn't keep it current. I don't have the training under transcripts because it was from one of those for-profit places... not a community college or anything. I also had my science teaching certificate once upon a time...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think caspa asks if you are current. I think its still important to show that you took the time to do it. It added to your healthcare experience and its definitely something to note on your application. leave NOTHING out. I actually left stuff out and kicked myself while waiting to hear about interviews. I would put the teaching under awards/honors.. i think it might even say certificates if I remember? It all goes in to show that you have had experiences that led you to this point in your life to decide to apply to PA school! Good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same question, I am Xray Tech, have been for 12 years, however left the clinical floor to work as a Clinical Project Manager. So while as a PM I didn't renew my registry, but have the 12 yrs of RT experience. Should I still include that in my health care experience? That gives me well over the 500hours clinical exp hours for some of the programs I am applying for. I will be shadowing a PA this coming Spring. Any advice your guys could offer would be great. Thanks in advance.

Archived