NEED ADVICE!!! Another Pre-PA student with a LOW GPA

I'd guess you're a longshot for getting an interview for this cycle. Keep retaking prereqs that are lower than a B, and take as many science courses as you can to bring up that science GPA. Your low science GPA is what's holding you back right now, so buckle down and excell in those courses. Good luck to you.

I think that other than your GPA, your stats are GREAT - you have obviously taken the steps to demonstrate your interest in the career, and I think that once you get an interview, you will be in good shape. Unfortunately, I suspect your GPA is going to hold you back: I personally applied to 14 schools this cycle, and they all had a pre-requisite of a cum. GPA (and especially science GPA) of 3.0 or higher, and usually you have to be at a 3.5 to really be competitive. I think in your case, you have a strong enough background where you could prob get in once you hit that 3.0 limit - I would cross your fingers for this cycle, but if you don't get in anywhere, just do an extra year of ALL science classes to really up that GPA. Obviously you have the ability to raise it, as demonstrated by your post-bac GPA but I'm afraid that right now, your cum GPA is too low for most schools to even consider you.

I would also definitely enroll in some 4 year college courses also. I wouldn't want the admissions committee, because of the difference in your undergrad and post-bac GPA, to think that you are only doing well because you are taking community college courses, which many programs see as inferior. Especially if you are on a budget, still take the community college courses, but also I would take a few 4 year college courses as well to show that you can do well in that environment.

Archived