Is this COI a claims or tail policy?

4 hours ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

Claims made will only cover claims made while the policy is in force and does not cover claims made after the policy ends.  So, it requires separate "tail" coverage.  Your attachment doesn't show anything about tail coverage.

thank you! this is exactly what I thought too. I just wanted to be sure my thinking was correct before I asked them why they gave me a claims made policy when the offer letter specified id have tail coverage.

1 hour ago, cardioPA84 said:

thank you! this is exactly what I thought too. I just wanted to be sure my thinking was correct before I asked them why they gave me a claims made policy when the offer letter specified id have tail coverage.

Oftentimes the tail coverage will be purchased when you leave (I think), would just make sure that you've got it in writing that they will provide it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1