Urgent please help me to choose between nyit and Touro!

Hey guys. I just got accepted to both nyit and Touro (central Islip campus), but really need some advice to help me to decide which school I should go to. I like nyit because it's closer to my home, but it's more expensive than Touro. On the other hand, Touro is further but it is more famous. Can you please tell me more about each school? What are pros and cons for each school? Thanks!

I think this is something you are going to have to do on your own.

You went to the interviews, you met the faculty and some existing students, and you  apparently live in an area of the country where it should be easy to find past graduates. You must have opinions about the two schools. Rather than depending on someone else's research, I suspect it's time to do your own. After all, you're the one who has to live with the consequences.

Good luck either way.

• Upvote 1

Find out how they handled COVID and what they are doing now. Everything should be in-person; no excuses. Do you actually get to dissect cadavers at NYIT? You don't at Touro-CI. If it's something you want to do, pick accordingly.

How many electives do you get? It should be multiple. Three is a good number.

Find out where people commonly rotate at. Both programs lack their own hospitals systems; therefore, you may be traveling a lot and frequently. Talk to current clinical students. If you hear anything of virtual rotations, run.

Edited by TeddyRucpin

• 2 months later...